Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Any questions?” “Yeah, got any excuses tonight, Roy?”

Still the greatest shyt talk ever..

Talked smack, point blank, middle of the ring— GOAT trash talk

Young cats probably got no idea about this, but the OGs on here now what I’m referring to

Comment

Sometimes you just have some fighters who know they would beat you. Just like RJJ had with Tarver, remember Vernon forrest (RIP) with Mosley? They just had the belief that they would beat you and they dont look at you with the same eye the world looks at you. I remember RJJ getting questioned by Tarver at the Ruiz post-fight presser and you could see he had no respect for RJJ, and that made RJJ very uncomfortable.

Comment

That was some good stuff but no one would’ve guessed that Tarver would proceed to knock Roy out

Comment

Yea that was badass, I remember being a huge Roy Jones fan as a kid and I was heartbroken when he lost and I remember hating Tarver at the time. Years later I understood the magnitude of what Tarver did and grew to appreciate what he did a lot. Tarver is also a very good commentator imo who's not getting the chance he deserves, he's just as good as Paulie if not even better.

Comment

Comment

Really puts into perspective just how good Bernard Hopkins is as well. Roy Jones, Tarver and him. LHW today is pretty stacked compared to other divisions, but these guys would have slaughtered it

Comment

That was the beginning of the end for Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  That was the beginning of the end for Roy.
                  The first fight was the beginning of the end. He took a beating.

Comment

And he backed it up. All the credit in the world, as much as that hurt as a Roy fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X