Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sampson: Sergio Martinez Taking Dangerous Risk With Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sampson: Sergio Martinez Taking Dangerous Risk With Chavez Jr.

Sampson Lewkowicz, the longtime adviser of two division world champion Sergio Martinez, believes the boxer is taking a "dangerous risk" by returning to the ring for a planned rematch with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (50-3-1, 32 KOs). Martinez, 43-years-old, has been out of the ring since suffering a one-sided knockout loss at the hands of Miguel Cotto in June of 2014.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yo this can't be real. Why would Sergio do this?

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
      Yo this can't be real. Why would Sergio do this?
      Why not a injury halted his prime aside from the dozen times he touched the canvas in his last 6-7 fights ... he has that question and itch better to scratch it now rather than later fully healed

Comment

What will the weight be?? It would have to be 168+ to accommodate Junior.

Comment

Big Sergio fan but I absolutely do not want him to fight again.

Comment

I'm watching this fight for sure

Comment

He's going to be a shell of himself, but that could be enough to beat Chavez Jr. Still though, he'll be awfully small compared to Chavez jr, and old, so I can't see this going well. I hope his speed and unorthodox style can get him one more win, or even better, he turns out to be a Hopkins type that can just go forever.

Comment

I thought my browser had somehow got stuck in 2013 and recycled an old article....jeez. What is going on. Joke of a fight...trust old Eddie Hearn to be sniffing around it trying to get a few Mexican fans over to DAZN.

Comment

Is it really possible to rehydrate from 168 to 200 pounds overnight?

Comment

Has to be at a catch above 168lbs... Jr. Is HUGE right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X