No announcement yet.

Questions About This Alleged Mayweather Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Do you think Mayweather will fight again?

Will he fight Pacquiao? Does he still beat Pacquiao as easily as last time (10-2, 8-4, 8-4)?

If he comebacks at 41 years old & wins 1 or 2 fights is this it or will he un-retire for a 4th time (I think we would be at the forth retirement, 2010-2011 retirement, 2015-2017 retirement & current 2017-2018 retirement)?

Who's the best fighter you could see Floyd beating at this point in his career?
    May v Broner would have me laughing

Comment

Floyd with IV can still beat crawford and spence.

Comment

I hope he doesn't come back. If he does, I'd like to see him pass the torch to Crawford by getting beat by him.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
          It ain't alleged when he announced it himself.
          It's an announced comeback.

He bets on sports heavily.
          Shows off his winnings but not his losses.
          I've known a few degenerate gamblers in my life.

He needs to make that payday .
          But, if he doesn't quit betting on sports, he'll eventually go broke.
          Dude, have you followed Floyd for very long? Not everything Floyd says ends up happening. Most of the time he keeps it real, but you never can know if Floyd is being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
            Dude, have you followed Floyd for very long? Not everything Floyd says ends up happening. Most of the time he keeps it real, but you never can know if Floyd is being serious.
            Like he's gonna fight an amateur boxer ?
            Oh, he did.

Comment

I think he can still beat Keith, Danny Garcia.

Would be funny if he fought Canelo at Canelo weight 155 for his 160 belts and beat him again

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                I think he can still beat Keith, Danny Garcia.

Would be funny if he fought Canelo at Canelo weight 155 for his 160 belts and beat him again
                LOL yea I've brought that up myself once this whole thing came up. I could FOR SURE see that happening if theory. I tend to think Floyd doesn't want that big of a challenge doe. I think he just wants the stack of money.

And randomly I think if this comeback ends up being real Floyd will probably keep coming back til he loses. Its almost the destiny of all fighters to stay too long & take too many L's. And Floyd needs to feel that L before he'll leave for good. Assuming of course this current situation is real which I'm not sold on entirely. As a Michigan cat who's seen Floyd from when he was the kid who's dad lost to Sugar Ray Leonard til now when he's the biggest name in the game I'm rooting for & have been rooting for his final retirement since the Pacquiao W, but the drive boxers have to stick around too long, chase former glories & the money they can get is enticing I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  I hope he doesn't come back. If he does, I'd like to see him pass the torch to Crawford by getting beat by him.
                  That is whats missing the most from Floyd's legacy. The passing of the torch.

Its almost like Floyd ripped off boxing like Rocky Marciano did when he retired undefeated. James J Jeffries messed sh^t up for awhile til he came back & took a L to Jack Johnson. Its the cycle of life in boxing.

You take the torch. You carry the torch. And eventually you pass the torch. So goes boxing.

Comment

I think Thurman, Crawford, Spence, Brook, Porter And maybe Danny all beat him at this age. He just looks too old to me, the reflexes dont seem to be there, the timing and defense were off vs McGregor...he had such a long lay off, i dont know if it ends well for him if he comes back. I even doubt he could beat Pacquiao again. But maybe i would change my mind if i see Floyd looking sharp in training again.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      LOL yea I've brought that up myself once this whole thing came up. I could FOR SURE see that happening if theory. I tend to think Floyd doesn't want that big of a challenge doe. I think he just wants the stack of money.

And randomly I think if this comeback ends up being real Floyd will probably keep coming back til he loses. Its almost the destiny of all fighters to stay too long & take too many L's. And Floyd needs to feel that L before he'll leave for good. Assuming of course this current situation is real which I'm not sold on entirely. As a Michigan cat who's seen Floyd from when he was the kid who's dad lost to Sugar Ray Leonard til now when he's the biggest name in the game I'm rooting for & have been rooting for his final retirement since the Pacquiao W, but the drive boxers have to stick around too long, chase former glories & the money they can get is enticing I imagine.
                      Good points

it'd be funny and interesting if they did fight and he dominated canelo again but got robbed on the cards

Comment

Working...
                      X