Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder, Fury Sign Contracts - Tour Begins on October 1 in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
    So he made less money in an entire year than he would've in 1 fight vs Wilder if he wasn't afraid to fight in the US? Thanks for pointing that out.

Kidding aside, as long as Joshua can keep beating on B level fighters and filling stadiums with his lemming fans he will never step outside his comfort zone. $50 million wasn't enough to get him to fight outside the UK. He has tiny little testicles.
    Joshua has fought 4 out of the current top 10 heavyweights according to ring magazine. For comparison, wilder has fought one. This despite his 40 pro fights and multiple voluntary defences against second rate cherry picks.

If you want to see a supposed champion facing b level opposition, find a clip of Wilder facing fat, scared, woefully out of condition Bermane Stiverne in his 39th professional fight, his 6th defence of his title. For reference, Joshua just made his 6th defence against world number 3 Povetkin.

You are being played.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
      Joshua has fought 4 out of the current top 10 heavyweights according to ring magazine. For comparison, wilder has fought one. This despite his 40 pro fights and multiple voluntary defences against second rate cherry picks.

If you want to see a supposed champion facing b level opposition, find a clip of Wilder facing fat, scared, woefully out of condition Bermane Stiverne in his 39th professional fight, his 6th defence of his title. For reference, Joshua just made his 6th defence against world number 3 Povetkin.

You are being played.
      So in other words, Joshua is scared to accept $50 million (his biggest pay day) to fight a guy who has only beaten second rate cherry picks? Thanks for making my point.

Maybe someday boxing won't be a popularity contest and champions will actually have to fight each other.

For reference, when Wilder faces undefeated/avoided 39 year old Ortiz, the guy is too old. When Joshua faces (and struggles) vs a 39 year old Povetkin I'm supposed to be impressed? Povetkin was crap even when he was young, and on PEDs. If anything that makes Joshua look bad, even his promoter says his "bumhole was all over the place" during that fight.
      Last edited by chicken-; 10-01-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
        So in other words, Joshua is scared to accept $50 million (his biggest pay day) to fight a guy who has only beaten second rate cherry picks? Thanks for making my point.

Maybe someday boxing won't be a popularity contest and champions will actually have to fight each other.

For reference, when Wilder faces undefeated/avoided 39 year old Ortiz, the guy is too old. When Joshua faces (and struggles) vs a 39 year old Povetkin I'm supposed to be impressed? Povetkin was crap even when he was young, and on PEDs. If anything that makes Joshua look bad, even his promoter says his "bumhole was all over the place" during that fight.
        No, not 'in other words' my words are above and clearly set out without the need for dishonest paraphrasng. I was addressing the unsupported and demonstrably false claim you'd made in your previous post that Joshua was facing b grade opposition.

You now make further unsupported claims which you must either substantiate, which is unlikely, or see summarily dismissed. What is left is the reality of the situation, set out as above. That there's a stark difference between the unified champion who has fought top level opposition in 21 fights and Wilder who has sat on a belt facing a succession of second rate cherry picked non en****** whilst he plays credulous casuals in the US who buy all the hyperbole and never look beyond the words to the actions.

Comment

Working...
        X