No announcement yet.

The differences between a fight fan a cheerleader/fanboy and a hater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The differences between a fight fan a cheerleader/fanboy and a hater

A true fight fan - likes a fighter based on fighting style, courage and resume or they dislike a fighter because of those same reasons or lack thereof.

A cheerleader/fanboy - likes a fighter because of his "attitude" race/ethnicity/nationality and solely because of that or because he speaks a certain language. Or because the media told them to or...because of some other reason only they know.

A hater- hates/dislikes a fighter because of their race/ethnicity/nationality or speaks/dosen't speak a certain language and solely because of those reasons and their hate trancends boxing or sports for that matter and is a generalized hate/dislike.

Here are some examples with commentators...

Fight fans
    Czyz
    O'Grady
    Both former fighters

Cheerleaders/fanboys
    Lampley
    Kellerman

Haters
    Atlas-hates/dislikes Mexican/west coast fighters
    Merchant-hates/dislikes black fighters

The difference is shown when the fighter you support loses or is in a tough fight....your post before and after will tell the tale

Comment

Does cripple g have any REAL fans?

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        enough to keep this board 90% ggg related threads for the past week...or wait, maybe that's all haters.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          I like both canelo and ggg...I have canelo beating ggg but I still want to see them both against different opponents though and both vs a top dog.

Comment

You've just described about 70/80% of the posters here.

Of the media I'd definitely agree on Kellerman. He's never grown from his fanboy days of saying Zab Judah was Whitaker with power and obsessed over him. The Ward obsession is very, very creepy. Really weird. Lampley has seldom had shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              enough to keep this board 90% ggg related threads for the past week...or wait, maybe that's all haters.
              Yeah I was thinking that. This board is all about GGG and the haters are more obsessed than the fans. It's a strange obsession. Some guys like Robbie Barrett for example go to sleep thinking GGG and wake up thinking him.

Comment

Merchant was a floyd hater. Not sure it's right to label him a hater of all black fighters, lol.

He was in the game a very long time, I'm sure some of his favorite guys in the sport were/are African American.

I agree about Lamps and Kellerman, they just cant hide their love for certain guys.

Comment

jst look for consistency from narrative to narrative.

if A>B and B>C then A>C. just think of it like a math problem. each side of an equation should balance out and fall under the same rules. figthers should be the same way.

honest people [which is what you are talking about here; honesty,] will have the same rules and standards for every fight and fighter. or at least they will come as close as they can to trying to maintain these objective standards. we are all human, after all, and a dog loves a bone.

Comment

Rewatched Tyson Vs. Lewis for the first time in a LONG time & forgot how much joy HBO announce team had calling the beating Showtime fighter Mike Tyson (Former HBO fighter) took from Lennox that night.

Build you UP, To bring you DOWN is their M.O.

Comment

Working...
                    X