Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Won't Chase a KO: I've Got To Be Clever Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Won't Chase a KO: I've Got To Be Clever Now

ANTHONY JOSHUA insists it's more about winning than thrilling at this stage of his career. The WBA, WBO, IBO and IBF heavyweight king defends his titles against Russian Alexander Povetkin on Saturday night. Joshua returns to Wembley Stadium where he secured superstar status with his thrill-a-minute brawl against Wladimir Klitschko last year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If that is what he thinks go back to Sky Sports people are paying for PPV to see Knockout, not the rubbish you did against Parker or Takam, i think Joshua is gun shy

Comment

Joshua is definitely a lot more effective on the front-foot. It's weird that he's trying to contain his most valuable asset and box more.

I agree with the above post, you want to see a huge muscular heavyweight giant go for the KO, not act tentative like he has been recently.

Comment

Povetkin for the knock out, was a fan of ajs but it didn't take long to turn, povetkin ko rnd 8

Comment

He should be careful after 21 fights, the guy isn't at his peak yet and still has a lot to learn, despite his fans saying he was the GOAT after 17 fights.

He hasn't fought a guy like Povetkin before, he needs to be careful early.... this is all experience.

Comment

Man.. this fool is already making excuses for the lack of Steriods! ..but in truth u never truly KO'D anyone.. maybe whyte the shyte but even he looked more exhausted than ko'd. And now that AJ is off the juice he is rocking his own personal set of birdlegs.. and now we are never going to see the flamingo dance off!.. cause this fool knows Wilder is the Truth! We are going to send a clear message to AJ in December. Fury will be the sacrificial lamb. And fyi.. Ortiz wrecks everybody on AJ'S resume... including AJ!

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
              Ortiz wrecks everybody on AJ'S resume... including AJ!
              He was not beating Wlad from that night, Whyte and Parker? who knows? i would like to see.

Comment

Kind of hoping AJ gets chinned just to make the negotiations for wilder/fury more fair, plus once a fighter loses his 0 they take more risks in who they fight.

Comment

Didn't he just say he'd be more aggressive with Povetkin?

Comment

I want to see him go for it, but not from the off I think that plays into Povs hands

Comment

Working...
                    X