Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN, The New Kid On The Block, Ready For Boxing Kickoff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is like crack... Fugg it sign me up.

Comment

Buyer Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have dealt with these guys and when I tried to extricate myself from their agreement it was/is an arduous process. They do not live up to their agreement so good luck to all the suckers that try to cancel after signing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Same. I like what Hearn has done in the UK, but he's got a sh^tshow of US fighters overall thus far. I mean they don't suck, but I'm not very invested in any of them & don't expect to be.

I do like the Usyk pickup, but thats not gonna help him with most US fans I don't think. I am looking forward to the BJS vs Andrade fight, but there isn't much that Hearn is doing on DAZN that I'm looking forward to yet. Hopefully he can make some good fights & sign up some better US cats.
        If I were him I’d be filling my stable with big American prospects. Eddie isn’t going to pry any big American names, he’s shown that. But he should make an investment in the future.

He has two decent US fights lined up, but nobody likes to point out that both fights were ordered and Eddie had nothing to do with them.

Also doesn’t help that one of his big name American signings (Miller) is bashing Hearn to the media every chance he can.

Comment

Originally posted by LOOKOUT View Post
          I have dealt with these guys and when I tried to extricate myself from their agreement it was/is an arduous process. They do not live up to their agreement so good luck to all the suckers that try to cancel after signing up.
          I've signed up for DAZN and cancelled a couple times now. No problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            It would be great if this succeeded, but it won't. There's just not enough content on DAZN to attract anything other than Hardcores.
            "With DAZN only having MMA, soccer, cycling and cricket"

You mean, minor league MMA, soccer, cycling and cricket isn't enough content to get US subscribers to sign up?

I'm with you, DAZN US will not be gettign any US major sports on their service for years or maybe not at all. The only thing I could think of them getting, is a few Thursday Night NFL games like Amazon Prime does. Maybe when they're contract is over in 2 years. I forgot to cancel ESPN+ when I got the free trial for the Crawford fight, and till this day, I have yet to use it again even though they do show a lot of good stuff.

Comment

DAZN will carry Groves-Smith, right?

Comment

$10 a month for:
                - Second-tier MMA (half of which is simultaneously showing on Spike/Paramount channel)
                - Sports like cricket and cycling which I and most U.S. fans couldn't care less about
                - A bunch of boxing, the majority of which is just filler, including:
                - Vargas-Dulorme: meh.
                - Amir Khan-Samuel Vargas: terrible.
                - Emmanuel Rodriguez-Jason Moloney: WHO???
                - Matchroom UK no-names
                - Cruiserweight tournament featuring, among others, Masternak, Fayfer, Mikalian & Glowack: don't care

So DAZN is really, on average, one interesting fight a month for $10. No thanks, I'll pass.

DAzzzzzz...

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  DAZN will carry Groves-Smith, right?
                  Correct...

Comment

I'm in, obviously I'll be watching all the fights I can and I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind of shows and pieces they have. Does anybody know what soccer they have right now? I'm guessing it's ****, but that's an area I think they need to bid big for when the rights come up. Try to eventually steal the Premier League, La Liga and a couple others and they could broaden the fan base. Other big time American sports leagues are going to be difficult to get away from their current homes

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Correct...
                      First free month has Joshua-Povetkin. Groves-Smith and Saunders-Andrade. I don't see why people wouldn't give it a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X