Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Punch Stats: GGG landed more power punches to Canelo's head, and dominated jabs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Punch Stats: GGG landed more power punches to Canelo's head, and dominated jabs.

Alright guys,

Here are the official punch count stats:

So let's go ahead and break those stats down.

Canelo landed 46 body shots, GGG landed 6.
    And yet Canelo was the one who slowed down in the second half of the fight, while GGG upped his pace.

So clearly, Canelo's body shots were not effective.

Now let's do some basic math.

Body shots are considered to be power punches, and since they were not effective, let's remove them from the count, and to be fair, we will remove them for both fighters.

Canelo landed 143 total power punches, minus 46 body punches, leaving Canelo with 97 power punches upstairs.

GGG landed 116 total power punches, minus 6 body punches (and those 6 were more effective than Canelo's 46), leaving GGG with 110 power punches upstairs.

So in terms of power punches, GGG landed 13 more power punches to Canelo's head.

Now when it comes to jabs, Canelo landed 59, while GGG landed 118, effectively doubling Canelo in the Jab department, therefore dominating Canelo in that category.

Now talking about the face appearance, Canelo is 28, GGG is 36, and skin bruises a lot more at that age. And GGG always had easily marked skin. Also, GGG's cut was from a head clash, while Canelo's cut was from GGG's right hand. And while Canelo hit GGG in the facial area, GGG hit Canelo all over his skull.

GGG landed a lot more head snapping punches.

GGG landed more power punches to the head.

GGG doubled Canelo in the jab department.

GGG threw 879 punches to Canelo's 622, making him the much more active fighter.

So GGG is understandably still the real champ for the majority of the public. And Canelo got a nice undeserved gift.

but, but, but did u see the swelling on golovkins face doe?

Comment

Golovkin won. Both fights in my eyes. You're both going to get reamed in this thread though.

Comment

Get over it, GGG lost and there is nothing you can do about it. LMFAO

Related image

Comment

In not sure how fights are won anymore. So jab isn't most important punch, when I've been led to believe it is, when it's only half value of power punch? I've heard you can win fight with jab alone. I swear Floyd did and his jab barely touched opponents. I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            Alright guys,

Here are the official punch count stats:

So let's go ahead and break those stats down.

Canelo landed 46 body shots, GGG landed 6.
            And yet Canelo was the one who slowed down in the second half of the fight, while GGG upped his pace.

So clearly, Canelo's body shots were not effective.

Now let's do some basic math.

Body shots are considered to be power punches, and since they were not effective, let's remove them from the count, and to be fair, we will remove them for both fighters.

Canelo landed 143 total power punches, minus 46 body punches, leaving Canelo with 97 power punches upstairs.

GGG landed 116 total power punches, minus 6 body punches (and those 6 were more effective than Canelo's 46), leaving GGG with 110 power punches upstairs.

So in terms of power punches, GGG landed 13 more power punches to Canelo's head.

Now when it comes to jabs, Canelo landed 59, while GGG landed 118, effectively doubling Canelo in the Jab department, therefore dominating Canelo in that category.

Now talking about the face appearance, Canelo is 28, GGG is 36, and skin bruises a lot more at that age. And GGG always had easily marked skin. Also, GGG's cut was from a head clash, while Canelo's cut was from GGG's right hand. And while Canelo hit GGG in the facial area, GGG hit Canelo all over his skull.

GGG landed a lot more head snapping punches.

GGG landed more power punches to the head.

GGG doubled Canelo in the jab department.

GGG threw 879 punches to Canelo's 622, making him the much more active fighter.

So GGG is understandably still the real champ for the majority of the public. And Canelo got a nice undeserved gift.

No surprise a ****boy like you would remove 46 body punches all power shots to gggs tumtum,& gggs 6 total body shots (also all power shots). And big red thudded gggs tumtum to the point he was suffocating after 4th rd ffs. You gggstans sure are funny m****ers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                In not sure how fights are won anymore. So jab isn't most important punch, when I've been led to believe it is, when it's only half value of power punch? I've heard you can win fight with jab alone. I swear Floyd did and his jab barely touched opponents. I give up.
                The left hook is the most important punch,the jab is only the most important when you follow it up with something not just use it to keep your smaller opponent off you,whom you claimed was a runner btw. And ftr a jab damn sure isn't more important than a power punch nor especially not as important as a body shot.
                Last edited by kushking; 09-18-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  No surprise a ****boy like you would remove 46 body punches all power shots to gggs tumtum,& gggs 6 total body shots (also all power shots). And big red thudded gggs tumtum to the point he was suffocating after 4th rd ffs. You gggstans sure are funny m****ers.
                  Of course I would remove Canelo's body punches. I don't care how GGG was breathing. I care about how Canelo landed 46 shots and still couldn't slow GGG down, while GGG landed 6 shots and slowed the young Canelo down. So Canelo's "power body punches" were good at slowing himself down. Hell, had he not thrown those, maybe he would have had a little more stamina in the second half where the "old man who ate all those body punches" was the one upping the pace.

Comment

The fact you are gerrymandering the power punches is ridiculous and biased.

Worse, you forgot the fact that GGG missed more punches which suggests Canelo won in terms of defense, which factors into scoring a fight.

Head snapping and "power punches to the head" are not scoring criteria.

If you think GGG won, cool. Just make your argument based on criteria the judges use to score the fight per the rules of the sport, not "Vlad's personal scorin' system".

Comment

Working...
                    X