No announcement yet.

Was Floyd correct?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    that is not an adjustment, that was all he could do, he was limited to mostly jabs because he could not follow up most of the time due to canelo's counters and upper body movement...other then the jab the uppercut was him most effective shot. I said it was a good fight over and over again, seems like you are the one whining right now
    What about the right hands and left hooks? He landed lots of those, one right esspecially that had canelo looking into space like his spirit was entering sleep land.

If all golovkin landed were jabs then wtf did floyd do vs pacquiao? Still to this day one of the most abysmal gif threads of all time, full of taps and misses. Floyd landed like one real punch in that fight and got wobbled three times and won it on running and hugging and jabbing, he couldnt adjust, right, limited, right?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He's right.

He can punch very hard and has a granite chin but nothing much he does is special.

Even his power is overrated, by myself included, I expected him to brutally knock out Jacobs and Canelo.
      I wouldn't say its overrated. Mike Tyson didn't knock out Douglas or Holyfield. Is his power overrated?

Same with Canelo. He didn't knock out Golovkin despite controling him. His power overrated?

Most boxers aren't anything special anyways. Even Mikey Garcia isn't anything special but he wins consistently. Crawford isn't special either but people rally behind him. So, I wouldn't make much of it or GGG losing to Canelo.

Comment

Floyd hasn't got any special effects. He is the most understated fighter. Everybody who watches floyds fights thinks they can beat him.
        Floyd doesn't do anything special. Its just when your in ring with him hes hard to hit, and he makes you pay once in a while if you swarm all over him.

Comment

He is basic but he's good at the basics and has had a good career and made tremendous money. Also it's hard to put the nails in his coffin when next to nobody really thinks he lost the fight though obviously with his style and age he's been declining for some time.

Funny thing is all the people calling him a bum the last few years and saying how unbelievable Canelo is look a bit dumb considering the consensus is that GGG won both fights and is clearly 3-4 years past his best. A 2013/2014 GGG was a lot better than a 2018 one and only 4% of the polled media felt the 2018 deserved to lose his title. Maybe those people underrated GGG and overrated Canelo?

Comment

Whenever Floyd talks boxing, you have to listen.

The man knows what the **** he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              Whenever Floyd talks boxing, you have to listen.

The man knows what the **** he's talking about.
              Yeah

Then again, he said Kovalev beat Ward first time around, but i bet some Ward fans don't take that as gospel like they do when he talked about GGG...

Comment

Floyd would never have fought him tho.

Comment

Stylistically? YES! "Straight Up And Down" basically he is what he is, come forward guy with Power but no Dimensions to his game. Even as seen on Saturday, either he comes forward or he goes backwards that is his style and it works for him

Said it then and I will say (or post it rather) again, stylistically, Mayweather vs GGG would've looked like Mayweather vs Baldomir IMO with respects to GGG but Mayweather would've been too quick. Easy UD with people cry afterwards about how "He Ran" and how the fight was "BORING"

Last edited by sicko; 09-18-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Is that where that "straight up & down, no special effects" line came from lol. I love that line.

I mean yea I guess Floyd is somewhat right, but I mean was Chavez "straight up & down"? Is just being straight up & down THAT f#cking effective at the top levels? Idk man. I don't think I can believe that.

But is GGG more of a limited talent as far as a guy like Floyd or even Canelo is considered? Sure I think so. Styles are some rock paper scissors type sh^t & I believe anyone with a high level counter puncher style is gonna give GGG problems. I noticed this back when GGG fought Monroe. I know most people just saw Monroe quit, but I saw Monroe give GGG more of a challenge then expected for periods of that fight & he was staying right in front of GGG & making him miss. Making GGG miss is taking his game away from him & likely dropping his confidence in the ring immensely so that he's fighting off of his backfoot where he's less effective.

GGG defense has always been more about having a good offense. When you take away or limit his offense he's a whole other fighter who's just not quite as deadly in the ring. You seen Saturday the only time Canelo was at real risk in that fight was when Canelo started backing up & GGG started doing what he does in the later rounds & specifically the 10th iirc.

Comment

I disagree with Floyd. I find GGG to be very skilled. He isn't Floyd/Ward/Loma/JMM level skilled but i think he has underrated boxing ability.

He doesn't have the athleticism that Floyd/Loma or Ward/JMM have and he doesn't have the defensive skill of any of them. But he can counter, make you miss, and can score with either hand. He has decent footwork and a good ring IQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X