No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Will Likely Rest, Evaluate Options For 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Man end of the day Canelo made ggg RUN out of the ring CRYING!!!

What would those Vegas odds be???

5,000,000:1 GGG "Broners" out of the ring
    😂 yeah I was trippin out when he was backpedaling most of the fight.
    Then he left without talking... That was weak!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      There had been some talk coming into this past weekend's rematch between Gennady Golovkin and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, of Golovkin returning in mid-Decmber. But given the result of that hard-fought contest and the physical nature of it, those plans will most likely be shelved.
      [Click Here To Read More]

Plan A:
      fight Canelo again

Plan B:
      1) fire Loeffler
      2) fire Sanchez
      3) fight somebody with a pulse

which is what somebody who wished to trouble boxing historians would have done in the first place

tick-tock, times a wastin

come on Gennady..... the undefeated record no longer needs protecting..... Hopkins record no longer needs protecting..... live up to your promises

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        Fire Sanchez .
        Rest, fight in the undercard of Canelo's Cinco de Mayo fight .
        Then hope for the third fight in September 2019.

if he does not land a Canelo rematch in May, it will never happen

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          So you dont feel Canelo deserved the win this past Saturday? You don't think it was a close, competitive fight??
          It was a competitive fight, that does not mean Canelo won. He lost.
          Check all the times he got into the pocket missing while he was hit back 2-3-4 times when the exchanges happened.

Sorry, they robbed Golovkin on the last two fights and it is a shame that we have to keep this culture of fanboyism and giving the "younger" guy the victories because he will be the next money making machine.

You either win or you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Well let's not forget that Alot of fans, both Canelo and Triple g fans had Canelo winning. A few Triple g fans on this site had Canelo winning as well as alot of boxers, both current and former boxers.
            People are always gonna disagree with the outcome if the fighter they was rooting for lost but that's part of the sport. But I sincerely feel this way was super close and could have gone either way..
            I wouldn't go that far. I would agree there isn't near the anger of the last result. A very few GGG fans are accepting the outcome because it was an awesome fight. A lot of Canelo fans aren't accepting the outcome because he was gifted a decision that at best was a draw. Because you're supposed to beat the champ. An even round with the champ ain't beating him.

It's funny out of the room I was watching it in, the only person who had Canelo winning don't like boxing and doesn't know a damn thing about boxing. Which is kind of my su****ion in this forum.

Just as, the only prominate voice in boxing not directly tied to Canelo that had him winning was Ward who has a grudge against GGG. So not really non biased. Most had GGG up but said they could have lived with a draw. Damn near nobody had Canelo winning that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metacom View Post
              My only argument with that is that it's the judges that ruin boxing.

I just love the sport. And of course there's going to be controversial decisions. But when so many fans and experts are going against the judges there's a problem.

Both these fights have a huge stink in the decision. And I know GGG haters will pull up Danny Jacobs. But please show me a huge list of people questioning that outcome. It doesn't exist because, while it was a close fight a close fight ain't supposed to go to a challenger.

no there's not, that is bullshht

1) 90% of fans are casuals who don't know how to score a fight
              2) who cares what casuals think

this is nothing new, boxing has always worked that way

ALL three judges saw the same thing, which should be enough information to make an intelligent man think, what did I miss/where did I go wrong?..... and until that becomes enough information, nothing will change

never underestimate the power of ****** people in large groups

there are 4 official scoring criteria, Canelo won ALL of them lol
              Last edited by aboutfkntime; 09-18-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The first fight was an easy 8-4. 7-5 being acceptable.

The last fight I had 7-5 with a Draw being acceptable.

I've seen you're posts so I know you're extremely biased.

With all the exceptionally close rounds, GGG never really looking more than tired and never once touching the ropes (while canelo was hurt twice and did) GGG outworked and in most outlanded explain how Canelo won those rounds?

he controlled the fight, landed the better punches by using effective aggression, while also exhibiting superior defence
                Last edited by aboutfkntime; 09-18-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. I would agree there isn't near the anger of the last result. A very few GGG fans are accepting the outcome because it was an awesome fight. A lot of Canelo fans aren't accepting the outcome because he was gifted a decision that at best was a draw. Because you're supposed to beat the champ. An even round with the champ ain't beating him.

It's funny out of the room I was watching it in, the only person who had Canelo winning don't like boxing and doesn't know a damn thing about boxing. Which is kind of my su****ion in this forum.

Just as, the only prominate voice in boxing not directly tied to Canelo that had him winning was Ward who has a grudge against GGG. So not really non biased. Most had GGG up but said they could have lived with a draw. Damn near nobody had Canelo winning that fight.
                  Well you're entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. Like I said I watched it live and I was drunk and I had it a draw but I'll wait to see it again Saturday night to make an honest assessment of the fight.
                  But at the end of the day it's a Canelo victory so it is what it is.
                  Much props to both fighters for a great fight though. That we can at least agree on...

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                    It was a competitive fight, that does not mean Canelo won. He lost.
                    Check all the times he got into the pocket missing while he was hit back 2-3-4 times when the exchanges happened.

Sorry, they robbed Golovkin on the last two fights and it is a shame that we have to keep this culture of fanboyism and giving the "younger" guy the victories because he will be the next money making machine.

You either win or you don't.
                    Well I can't agree or disagree with you on what you're saying...
                    I watched the fight live and I was drunk so I gotta wait till Saturday night to watch the replay and make an honest assessment of the fight.

Comment

• start taking peds, or retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X