No announcement yet.

Number of Punches Determines a Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    See, it's actually not clear that he was hurt. It's your opinion. You can say his point is disproved but it's your opinion, which proves nothing.

A guy like you would appreciate a more objective scoring imo. You want to prove and disprove but we all know, it's all just opinions. A system based on number of punches landed solves this. We could all still have our opinions on who won but we would still have the standard which determines the winner. Right now, it's your opinion vs my opinion. Neither of us will back off and both will think we are right when the smoke clears which is nothing but a circle jerk.

Number of punches landed= winner.

Hell, the winner almost always lands more punches anyway.
    You either know what you saw because you're not blind, or you're blind.

I have zero doubts about who wins a fight because scoring a fight is not hard.

What's hard is finding three officials who know how to score a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      You either know what you saw because you're not blind, or you're blind.

I have zero doubts about who wins a fight because scoring a fight is not hard.

What's hard is finding three officials who know how to score a fight.
      Another great point.

It's three opinions either way you cut it which is fine when those opinions agree with you and sucks when they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        Well, that's never gonna happen, man.

Haven't you given up on the judges by now? I did long ago, but this way, at least there is some objective goal. And let's face it, if two guys get in there and no ones scores a KO, not everyone is ever going to happy with what happens afterward, but at least this way, there would be some standard. Something we could look to and say, "Well I thought Fighter A did a better job but B landed more punches. That's how you win a decision." Right now, you'll get a different answer from everybody on what wins a decision.

If not points, there needs to be a more concrete standard than just "I thought he won."
        Honestly, I wouldn't watch boxing if it became points fighting. Same reason I don't watch amateur boxing.

Comment

just let the rule be you win by knockout

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Honestly, I wouldn't watch boxing if it became points fighting. Same reason I don't watch amateur boxing.
            Check out these numbers though.

Whitaker vs. Chavez. Controversial draw. The numbers? Whitaker lands 311/790. Chavez lands 220/637. Who won the fight?

Lennox Lewis' draw with Evander Holyfield. Lewis lands 348/613. Holyfield lands 130/386. Who won?

DLH vs Trinidad. DLH lands 263/648. Trinidad lands 166/462.

Looks like it tells the story to me.

Right guy gets the verdict. No controversy.

Comment

The numbers don't lie, my friends.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2009/12/...st-title-fight

Comment

Kovalev would have won the first Ward fight 126-116 in punches landed.

Castillo would have beaten Mayweather in the first fight 203-157.

Walters would have beaten Sosa 281-168.

Badou jack would gotten his deserved win over Lucian Bute 278-179.

Comment

GGG outlanded Canelo 218-169 in the first fight. In the rematch, GGG outlanded him 234-202.

You would have had a clear winner both times. No one loves a draw.

Porter would have beaten Thurman 236-235. Woo! Now that's close.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao outlanded Jeff horn 182-92.

Stick to the numbers, fellows.

Comment

Hopkins would have got a 153/86 win against Pascal the first time out.

Mosley would have beaten Sergio Mora 161-93.

Clottey would have beaten Cotto 222-179.

Comment

Working...
                      X