Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Canelo Didn't Do Anything Special; We Controlled Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Same outcome
    Yeah, okay, sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
      Given the age disparity, there is no way the Canelo and GGG could have fought each other at their peak prime. When GGG was 28 Canelo was 20. Now that Canelo is 28 GGG is 36, "c'est la vie" or in deference to GGG's affinity for Mexican Style, in Spanish it is: "asi es la vida."

But the reality is that GGG has been chasing money, not legacy from day 1. He has also been careful to minimize risk. He kept calling out a much smaller Mayweather and kept calling out Canelo when Canelo became a rainmaker, even to the point of saying the 5'8" Canelo was bigger than him. It is only after Canelo signed to fight him that GGG admitted that Canelo was much smaller. It is for that reason that GGG avoided Andre Ward and others.
      Completely agree. GGG even refused to fight his IBF mandatory (IBF title vacated) only to get the big payday in the Canelo rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        GGG was ducked like crazy at 160.

All top contenders suddenly became bums in hindsight when GGG disposed of them with ease.
        Then why the "mighty" GGG refused to fight bigger guys at 168 like an Andre Ward ??? All Elite Champions moved up in weight (Floyd,Roy Jones,Hopkins etc.) but GGG strangely refused. Explain me why when he was apparently knocking out Light Heavyweights & Cruiserweights in sparring ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
          I want to see a 3rd fight so that GGG cheerleaders can finally see how their man gets outclassed and stopped late. Btw GGG fought regional champs & tomato cans his entire career until 2017. Useless to do it again for peanuts and without World titles.
          I am getting more pessimistic in my old age. I doubt that GGG and his cheerleaders will ever admit that Canelo is better, even if GGG is knocked out into next week. They will find some excuse. But you are probably going to get your wish about a second rematch. There is so much money involved that I third fight is likely. I just can stand the thought of seeing or hearing from these whiny JJaac azzes ever again. And finally, you are right about the farewell tour, Canelo has made GGG a millionaire beyond his wildest dreams -- no need for him to fight tomato cans before retirement.

Comment

GGG needs to let it go or he will end up like Kovalev after Ward took his soul

Comment

Then why the "mighty" GGG refused to fight bigger guys at 168 like an Andre Ward ??? All Elite Champions moved up in weight (Floyd,Roy Jones,Hopkins etc.) but GGG strangely refused. Explain me why when he was apparently knocking out Light Heavyweights & Cruiserweights in sparring ?
              I don't know why he didn't move up. Neither did Hagler. If GGG feels good at 160, it's his choice, his body. Moving up isn't proof of greatness.

GGG came into the pro game as a Middle Weight in his very late twenties, almost 30. A body doesn't grow after that age.

Why didn't you address the ducked at 160 part. GGG was THE MAN at 160 for so long, and he was ducked throughout his reign.

Comment

I don't know why he didn't move up. Neither did Hagler. If GGG feels good at 160, it's his choice, his body. Moving up isn't proof of greatness.

GGG came into the pro game as a Middle Weight in his very late twenties, almost 30. A body doesn't grow after that age.

Why didn't you address the ducked at 160 part. GGG was THE MAN at 160 for so long, and he was ducked throughout his reign.
                "GGG came into the pro game as a Middle Weight in his very late twenties, almost 30." - GGG started his pro career at 24 !

Comment

This Middleweight division was very poor until 2017. Who ducked GGG ? Old has beens or journeymen ?

Comment

"GGG came into the pro game as a Middle Weight in his very late twenties, almost 30." - GGG started his pro career at 24 !
                    Yeah you're right, I just consider those 6 first years of his career in Germany wasted, with contract disputes and all sorts of garbage.

I think his actual career started in 2012 when he started in the States...

Comment

Was he hyped a bit? Absolutely.
                      Does he deserve to be berated? Not at all. He's a damn good fighter. Just not ATG in my book though.

However...Does his fanboys deserve to be ridiculed? Absolutely lol

Comment

Working...
                      X