Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing scorecards be displayed live?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would only be for it if they lied and told the fighters before the championship rounds that they were tied. Then you'd get the best round's you could imagine

Comment

I think I'd stop watching if that ever became mandatory.

When Canelo fought Trout in Texas, it was such a buzzkill seeing the live score cards.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        Should be, yes.

But won't be. There's no way sanctioning bodies, judges etc will open themselves up to the scrutiny that will come alongside it.

Nor will the people who bankroll dodgy decisions.
        Yea thats the other good thing about open scoring is it puts the judges out there more.

One thing they need to do regardless of boxers knowing the scoring is judging the judges. In the NFL they got the best guys in the biggest games. In boxing that isn't necessarily so. They also need younger judges. Idk that there should be any judges who are senior citizens. You want cats in there 30's to 50's for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea thats the other good thing about open scoring is it puts the judges out there more.

One thing they need to do regardless of boxers knowing the scoring is judging the judges. In the NFL they got the best guys in the biggest games. In boxing that isn't necessarily so. They also need younger judges. Idk that there should be any judges who are senior citizens. You want cats in there 30's to 50's for the most part.
          100%. There's transparency in other sports, where we know that Judges, Umpires, Refs etc are being held to a certain standard. Every day, an Official somewhere is being demoted based on performance.

In Boxing, it's all cloaked and back-room stuff.

That needs to change, before Boxing loses any more market share.

Comment

Working...
          X