Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: I Can't Complain About Decision; Canelo Fought Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    props to Abel Sanchez for not whining like Golovkin and Loeffler
    He has no choice after the statements he made before the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
      No, he is saying that because it was the truth. I don’t know why people can blatantly hear one thing come straight from a person’s mouth and then do the Rosetta Stone translation service “what he really said or meant was....”. He said EXACTLY what he said because he meant it. NO BOXER who thinks they won nor the trainer say something they don’t mean. If they thought they won’t the fight they’d have said clearly they won
      Lololololol true

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Canelo didn't move up to face GGG though. He chose to move up long before that when he fought Cotto for the MW championship.
        I'll repeat since you didnt read, or most likely, you decided to retract yourself from answering a simple question.

The fact is that Canelo moved UP, unlike GGG, when has he moved up to face better opposition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          Noelanthony 115 -114
          2 judges 115-113

These are the only scores that matter

Comment

• it looks like Canelo picked up a new fan.....

Originally posted by Abel Sanchez
            he erased the issues that he had in May. What a great champion he is. He’s the champion today. But that’s the kind of fight that I expected, that’s the kind of fight that the fans expected

come to think of it, Abel is actually a good guy, I like him.....

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              What was your score last night if you don't mind me asking? I thought I was on a good streak going having recently scored Porter/Garcia a 115-113 Porter win, but I had 116-112 G last night and was WAY off the mark it seems lol

(yes I know I said I was pulling for G, but I always score objectively)
              I didn't watch the fight live nor score it live.

I forgot about the fight being Saturday plain and simple until it was too late. Was out having a good time.

To be honest the hype was big for the first fight but once the Wilder / Fury fight was announced (boxing's true mega fight) I pretty much stopped caring about this rematch and the Porter fight, and every other fight on the horizon. I watched the first 7 rounds the other day but haven't gotten myself to sit down and score it and watch it completely.

I also generally score fights in real time and post my card in the rbr thead.

My thoughts as they are now, canelo got a good win, his best win, I was also rooting for Golovkin and still consider him the better and more complete fighter. I didn't see Canelo dominate or control the ring really, he stood his ground and was more active but Golovkin appeared in control. By all (credible) accounts it was close and could have gone either way. Considering the first fight was a draw, which I personally scored for Golovkin, he doesn't lose stock in my book, only the belts.

You will have the nuthuggers who will cling to this win and try to make it more than it is, but those are idiot trolls who's opinion and angle change with the wind. The canelo nuthuggers and Golovkin haters will be unbearable for a few weeks but true boxing fans know a loss (or win) doesn't define a fighter, not to me anyway. Kovalev and Golovkin will always get my money and have my as a fan.

Comment

Working...
              X