Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Logic Problems You Have If You Are A Golovkin Fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, explain how did Canelo edge it by 1 point by making GGG back up for half a fight, when last time GGG made Canelo back up for the whole fight and got a draw. Considering in both fights GGG threw and landed more. Yeah, it's the GGG fans who lack logic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      I had it 115-113 but I thought GGG clearly won the 9th.. I gotta watch the fight alone tomorrow.. it's always different with a bunch of people around yelling and ****...
      The fight was close enough that no one could complain had it been scored 115-113 Golovkin. That's legit.

Neither guy won 8 rounds tho, that's fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        I don't know, explain how did Canelo edge it by 1 point by making GGG back up for half a fight, when last time GGG made Canelo back up for the whole fight and got a draw. Considering in both fights GGG threw and landed more. Yeah, it's the GGG fans who lack logic...
        First of all, Canelo made G back up the whole night.

Here's that silly little logic thing in play again tho.

In the first fight, Canelo backed up...yet landed MORE POWER SHOTS.

In this fight, Canelo came forward...and again LANDED MORE POWER SHOTS.

See how that works?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          Great post. This is exactly how I saw it. I also had it 7-5 Canelo, and I also scored the first fight for Canelo.

Good to see i'm not the only person here who isn't blind.
          Thanks.

I suspect there are gonna be a lot of folks taking a second look at the fight, this time sober and without distractions.

I thought Canelo won both fights.

But, I have yet to hear any Golovkin fan who though G won the first fight by coming forward explain how he won this one by backing up.

G got hit with more hard clean shots BOTH fights.

Comment

Here is the fight.

I suspect this link won't work forever...

Last edited by koolkc107; 09-16-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              First, full disclosure.

We scored the fight right in our house.

I had it 7-5 Canelo and my son had it a draw (we disagreed on RD 9).

I felt both men did some things better this fight.

G landed some real clean punches this time out, while Canelo stayed off the ropes a lot better.

Thing is, Canelo was still landing more of the hard shots and he got out to a decent lead early.

Here's the logic problem Golovkin fans have in scoring this fight.

I felt Canelo won the first fight with great counters and great defense. Golovkin fans argued that Gennady backed Saul up and controlled things with a jab, that Gennady deserved credit for being the aggressor and coming forward.

Well, if that's true then doesn't Canelo deserve the same credit tonite for it?

See, that's where folks get the criteria "effective aggression" so wrong.

Just coming forward is not enough...you have to get things done.

And clearly tonight, Saul got some things done.

I don't necessary think Canelo won the fight simply because of effective aggression, the truth is he fought a very technical fight while also standing his ground and making GGG concede his most of the time.

His body work was likely the biggest difference in the fight, and he set a tone with it early.

I just need a Golovkin fan who thought G won the first fight by coming forward to explain how he won this one by backing the fugg up all night.

I knew Canelo won, my son knew it was close.

So how the hell did some of you have it 8-4 Golovkin when it could not have been if you watched objectively?
              Thank you! It wreaks of hypocrisy. If you're biased towards the fighter, just admit it but stop hiding behind cliches and rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                Thank you! It wreaks of hypocrisy. If you're biased towards the fighter, just admit it but stop hiding behind cliches and rhetoric.
                Exactly!

It's actually one of the saddest things to come out of all this.

To see boxing afficionados who are supposed to know better own themselves doing backflips to justify the same thing they said was a losing effort the last time.

It's pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  First, full disclosure.

We scored the fight right in our house.

I had it 7-5 Canelo and my son had it a draw (we disagreed on RD 9).

I felt both men did some things better this fight.

G landed some real clean punches this time out, while Canelo stayed off the ropes a lot better.

Thing is, Canelo was still landing more of the hard shots and he got out to a decent lead early.

Here's the logic problem Golovkin fans have in scoring this fight.

I felt Canelo won the first fight with great counters and great defense. Golovkin fans argued that Gennady backed Saul up and controlled things with a jab, that Gennady deserved credit for being the aggressor and coming forward.

Well, if that's true then doesn't Canelo deserve the same credit tonite for it?

See, that's where folks get the criteria "effective aggression" so wrong.

Just coming forward is not enough...you have to get things done.

And clearly tonight, Saul got some things done.

I don't necessary think Canelo won the fight simply because of effective aggression, the truth is he fought a very technical fight while also standing his ground and making GGG concede his most of the time.

His body work was likely the biggest difference in the fight, and he set a tone with it early.

I just need a Golovkin fan who thought G won the first fight by coming forward to explain how he won this one by backing the fugg up all night.

I knew Canelo won, my son knew it was close.

So how the hell did some of you have it 8-4 Golovkin when it could not have been if you watched objectively?
                  you definitively have the mental edge over your own son. that proves everything

Comment

I scored it for GGG 115-113, but I have zero problem with the other way around. I’ll watch it again when I get time and I’m sure I’ll see exactly what 115-113 for Canelo was on the scorecards of the two judges at ringside.

Canelo landed more power punches in 9 of 12 rounds. GGG landed more jabs in all 12 rounds. Power punches count for more than jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      you definitively have the mental edge over your own son. that proves everything
                      Screw you man!

But, I did laugh...

Comment

Working...
                      X