Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Cuz you gotta give a round to one guy or another. Or at least its highly frowned upon to not do that. And if I go this way & you go that way when a round is close it can lead to it being 7-5 either way & neither being wrong per se.

Boxing is simple, scoring isn't. Its subjective. I've often said I think boxing scoring should be made less subjective cuz I think it'd lead to less controversial decisions if commissions just said x wins fights vs how it is now where commissions say x, y & z win fights.

And its not just about landing more & putting more damage on a guy. The fact you don't even know what fights are scored on destroys your entire argument. Scoring is about:

-Clean Punching (GGG outlanded Canelo 234 to 202, but Canelo outlanded GGG in power shots, which are often seen as the cleaner, more effective shots, 143-116 according to Compubox, to me you could go either way on this depending on GGG's jab or Canelo's power shots)

-Effective Aggression (which Canelo won more often then not in this fight be moving forward all night & had GGG breathing heavy from the 3rd rd iirc)

-Defense (Canelo won that by making GGG miss 600 punches last night & ~2x as many as GGG made Canelo miss & Canelo landed the harder punches which suggest a less effective defense by GGG)

-Ring Generalship (I think you could go either way on this)

So of those 4 criteria official judges are judging fights on Canelo for sure won 2 of them & 2 of them were disputable I feel like. If you are scoring the fight as judges are scoring the fight I can't fault them for going more Canelo's way.

Personally I thought GGG won the fight on ring generalship with his jabbing which I felt was very effective. And I imagine most cats who gave it to GGG on his jabs, but there was more going on then just the jabs & its not controversial, if you are being reasonable & know the scoring criteria, for other things to have had more influence by the official judges then what the average mfer who don't even know what the judges are scoring the fight on.
    I agree, with you, but to me ring G and D are subjective because if Canelo took more punches then, how is defense was better?
    If you lands more, then you're controlling, because to me ring G is about controlling the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      How can you sightly dominate? Isn't that an oxymoron?
      ??? Dumnest sht Ive heard.

Comment

Cuz you gotta give a round to one guy or another. Or at least its highly frowned upon to not do that. And if I go this way & you go that way when a round is close it can lead to it being 7-5 either way & neither being wrong per se.

EFF I need a ****ing response bro.

Most fighters, fans, press had GGG winning the 2 fights by a solid margin. YET, in 2 fights, only 1 judge out of 6 gave GGG a win. WHY??? I just wanna hear your as usual smart opinion (no irony here) about that.

We both know he's getting screwed a bit.
        (I won't mention GGG was the champ because we both it's about money not the belts)

Nelo is the home fighter here, with all that mexican date stuff. GGG the old guy.

I mean, they put a Taylor vs Hopkins on GGG's ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          I agree, with you, but to me ring G and D are subjective because if Canelo took more punches then, how is defense was better?
          If you lands more, then you're controlling, because to me ring G is about controlling the fight.
          I said I thought there is an argument either way on ring generalship so I agree its subjective on who you liked what they were doing more.

As to the defense I don't think thats disputable at all. GGG missed a sh^t ton of punches. ~2x as many as Canelo. Okay he landed more, but they were jabs mostly. Jabs being a easier punch to land. Canelo on the other hand landed more of the harder punches to land, power shots. Which suggests a more lax defense by GGG then by Canelo to me. And I mean look at their faces post-fight or though out the fight. That says who had the better defense right there. GGG was swelling up under both eyes in the first or second rd already. GGG looked the more beaten up fighter post fight. The guy with the better defense isn't gonna be the guy who looks more beaten up. And just look at their styles in general. Canelo keeps his head/body moving nicely & GGG just doesn't. That alone probably won the battle of defense for this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            He is overrated. Just look at his career. Probably had one of the worst careers for someone who was hyped up so much.
            Yeah, I had him winning, so what? He can still be overrated. It's not like he accomplished much.
            When this guy finally had the fight he wanted he decides to be really cautious. There was times when Canelo was open and GGG almost refused to throw. It was so frustrating to watch.
            Great jab to set up nothing. Like what?
            Usually the jab is thrown to set up other punches.

Other fighters need to learn from GGG's mistake. I have to point them out, so other fighter's won't do the same.
            Ha ha ha! Sometimes I wonder how dumb people can't understand how dumb they are. You have said si much nonsense here that I won't even see debate you on it. You're out of touch with reality. You really are.

Comment

Most fighters, fans, press had GGG winning the 2 fights by a solid margin. YET, in 2 fights, only 1 judge out of 6 gave GGG a win. WHY??? I just wanna hear your as usual smart opinion (no irony here) about that.

We both know he's getting screwed a bit.
              (I won't mention GGG was the champ because we both it's about money not the belts)

Nelo is the home fighter here, with all that mexican date stuff. GGG the old guy.

I mean, they put a Taylor vs Hopkins on GGG's ass.
              Holy sht!!! Your still around??? Figured you would of jumped off a 30 story building by now or at least had a rope wrapped around your neck. Congrats! You might actually survive this loss after all..

Comment

I said I thought there is an argument either way on ring generalship so I agree its subjective on who you liked what they were doing more.

As to the defense I don't think thats disputable at all. GGG missed a sh^t ton of punches. ~2x as many as Canelo. Okay he landed more, but they were jabs mostly. Jabs being a easier punch to land. Canelo on the other hand landed more of the harder punches to land, power shots. Which suggests a more lax defense by GGG then by Canelo to me. And I mean look at their faces post-fight or though out the fight. That says who had the better defense right there. GGG was swelling up under both eyes in the first or second rd already. GGG looked the more beaten up fighter post fight. The guy with the better defense isn't gonna be the guy who looks more beaten up. And just look at their styles in general. Canelo keeps his head/body moving nicely & GGG just doesn't. That alone probably won the battle of defense for this fight.
                C'mon that's not an argument about D bro, it could be because GGG mark more having an older skin or because Canelo hits harder.

By the way, Canelo landed the better top hard punches/eyemakers in the fight. I will give him that.

Nelo stopped GGG jabs and straight rights with his forehead all night lol I swear Nelo's chin is made of iron but his D wasn't as good as in the first fight.

The way GGG moped the floor with Vanes who always seemed to be a durable guy shows Nelo has a granit chin.

Comment

I disagree with your stance of "by a solid margin" as I've stated over & over. Both of these fights had many close rounds & most of the scores as I recall it were within 2 points (7-5), certainly last night that was the case as I'm seeing scores from all sorts of boxing people this morning. Thats not a "solid margin". Thats one rd from a draw. Thats two rds from the other guy winning. 4 or 5 rds I felt coulda gone either way depending on what you liked more with the scoring criteria.

And as I just mentioned in my last post, where you didn't seem to know the criteria official judges are using to score fights, I don't think a lot of people are using that method of scoring with their own scorecards which is often a problem with these "robbery" claims cuz its the blind leading the blind.

We both know he's getting screwed a bit
                  I can understand this stance 100% & more then your previous stance. I'm always a bit cynical on the "money guy" winning fights waaaaaay more often statistically then they should be in close fights. There's no argument thats a thing.

But the problem with that for this fight or any specific fight is sometimes the money guy IS gonna win those close fights so you can't really say any specific close fight SHOULDN'T have gone the money guys way. But when you look at the overall numbers the trends are way off on the money guy winning so clearly there is some influence with judges giving more close rds to the guy who's "supposed to win" in the minds of more fans & the promoter usually.

Comment

• Canelo made the puncher box! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Holy sht!!! Your still around??? Figured you would of jumped off a 30 story building by now or at least had a rope wrapped around your neck. Congrats! You might actually survive this loss after all..
                      i'm not mad about Nelo winning by the way per se, I have been a Nelo fan for years and stopped to follow him with the 155 caneloweight bias campain.

He somehow gained me as a fan again last night.

I truly respect his last night performance.

I don't give a sht about GGG losing, that's the kinda loss/fight that will make you seen more as a legend than a bum, he was part of a legendary competitive fight.

I'm pissed off at Vegas boxing and GBP a bunch of snakes ruining the sport if you ask me.

Narrow scoring because yes, GGG out of those 2 fights and 6 judges card only getting 1 card as him being the winner is a travesty.
                      Last edited by BillyBoxing; 09-16-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X