Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    GGG winced and ran every time Canelo connected to the body.

You guys said Canelo didn't deserve a draw or victory because he 'ran' the whole of the first fight despite landing more power shots than GGG.

Now GGG was the one being backed up and "running" for twelve rounds and you guys still think he got robbed?

SMH!

now the tards will say Golovkin boxed smart and used movement

Comment

• These are the fights that will come back and bite Canelo in the a*s in the future..his ring age now is 30.

Comment

• SHAME on anyone who lipped someone off saying there would be a KO, KD, TKO or anything less than another 12rnd controversial decision.

Comment

• Although the fight could have gone either way. (I was rooting for GGG.) But not upset with the decision. Maybe they will have a trilogy see who wins that one. But Canelo is younger and would probably take that one

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Honest opinion here. And I'll say it with respect now because Canelo earned the respect I feel. He came and did what he said he'd do and barely took a backward step. He said he'd go for the ko instead of running and he did that. He fought wonderful and made the fight a 9 out of 10 if I was grading it. Great fight. Drama, blood, battling in the center of the ring and high IQ craftsmanship in there. Both guys had good moments and the fight had drama all the way through. Neither guy should be ashamed for that performance whatsoever. But....there's always a but. The wrong man won a close fight. Lederman scored it 8-4 for GGG and that's what I scored it. Yes Canelo did better than I expected and I trust that he wasn't doping but you have to take a champions title and he simply didn't do it. With Hopkins' record at stake and that sh@t eating grin at the end and how surprised Canelo was when he actually won, tells me that they dug deep in those pockets to ensure the Canelo win. As others on here have pointed out, you just can't beat Canelo by decision in Vegas at a Golden Boy event. GGG got straight played in both fights and I think he knows it. Canelo just didn't win. Just doing better than expected shouldn't equate to a win in anything. Especially boxing. I feel terrible for GGG because I know this is because he was a) about to break Hopkins' mw defense record and b) he's an older fighter and is far less profitable long term for HBO and Golden Boy. What a shame. Boxing can be a cruel sport.
            Lool Hopkins face at the end made me turn off the tv. Smug bastard. I thought ggg won 7-5 but it was close. My main issue is the judge who scored the 12th for Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ashleyhotti View Post
              I wanted ggg to win, i honestly thought canelo won, but a draw, canelo win, or ggg win, all would have been acceptable. Im surprised about the outrage as i really wanted ggg to win, not sure if the beers impacted my assessment but I would have given slight edge to canelo. Either way nothing was resolved tonight. Onto the rubber match, and hell if GGG wins in a similar manner as tonights fight........then onto number 4.
              I agree that the outrage is a bit much here. Canelo from rounds 2-9 out-boxed GGG overall - other than round 4 - but rounds 7, 8 and 9 were debatable. Canelo landed brutal body shots and GGG felt those for sure. Canelo just faded in the last 3 though and GGG outworked him, especially in the 10th and 11th - those were the most clear and dominant rounds of the fight.

I had it had a draw or slight edge to GGG:

GGG 1, 4, 10, 11, 12 (Judges totally blew this round and it's a disgrace) - Clear rounds

Canelo 2,3, 5, 6, - Clear Rounds

To have Canelo winning you would have to say he won 7, 8 and 9. - That's a stretch.

Comment

• Canelo won again only more convincingly in this fight he won the last fight as well. He was actually backing up golovkin in this fight had him swollen and bleeding.He was backing up the bigger man the whole fight that speaks volumes.He also had golovkin very tentative about punching for fear he would be countered. Golovkin landed few and far between,canelo was the pressure fighter and the aggressor the whole night.. that's crazy.

Golovkin built his reputation fighting c and b level fighters and he even struggled with some of those. He fought a great fighter in canelo and the difference showed.If canelo had a little more pop on his punches I'm convinced he would have stopped golovkin .I always said if golovkin ever fought a fighter that was fearless could take his punch skillful and brought the fight to him he would be troubled exposed and could be beaten.

I said he would mentally breakdown and make mistakes that the type of fighter I mentioned would exploit.What you witnessed tonight was draft of at least one way(but marvin could beaten him several different ways) marvin hagler would have dissected and stopped golovkin.A prime marvin hagler would have destroyed golovkin.Congratulations to canelo...great job.
                Last edited by dray435; 09-16-2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Let's see your scorecards people

Can't change the outcome but fk let's see how ppl score fights around this place.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    how did you score it bro?
                    I had it 7-5 GGG, but lotsa close rds early so can't say GGG was robbed. I thought GGG's jab was winning him rds personally. That seemed like it was the most effective weapon tonight & his jab was much more effective tonight then last year. But it seems like Canelo's power punches & aggression for virtually the whole fight won the night.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-16-2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      I agree that the outrage is a bit much here. Canelo from rounds 2-9 out-boxed GGG overall - other than round 4 - but rounds 7, 8 and 9 were debatable. Canelo landed brutal body shots and GGG felt those for sure. Canelo just faded in the last 3 though and GGG outworked him, especially in the 10th and 11th - those were the most clear and dominant rounds of the fight.

I had it had a draw or slight edge to GGG:

GGG 1, 4, 10, 11, 12 (Judges totally blew this round and it's a disgrace) - Clear rounds

Canelo 2,3, 5, 6, - Clear Rounds

To have Canelo winning you would have to say he won 7, 8 and 9. - That's a stretch.
                      Thank you for putting up your scorecard, we had it pretty much the same with the exception of the 3rd round since I felt Canelo was outlanded that round. That's one of those rounds i'll rewatch closely.

Comment

Working...
                      X