Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markther View Post
    Lastly, GGG threw 8 body shots in the 1st fight. He threw 6 in the rematch. Canelo threw 46 body shots in the rematch. Someone needs to explain that. ALL of US said GGG needed to throw more body shots. I didn’t pick him to win but I wanted him to win. WTF happened to the body shots???
    Because if they ever stepped in a ring they would know it's hard to body punch a shorter guy, it makes you go damn too low.

That's usually the weapon of the shorter man.

Comment

• I had GGG winning... 7-5

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Canelo's body shots were brutal too. I think having it 6-6 or 7-5 to GGG is the way to go here. I really can't see any other scorecards. GGG gave up too many rounds early but definitely didn't give up 7, and Canelo faded and just got outworked those last few rounds - had GGG hurt Canelo to the body at all he might have been able to do some serious damage in those last 3 rounds - although I don't see how anyone can give Canelo even one round from 10-12...

It was a great fight but Vegas was going to ride with Canelo no matter what unless GGG seriously hurt him or stopped him.
        That’s the part of boxing the casual fan will never, never understand. Boxing has always been a business going back to the beginning when the mafia controlled it. It’s just a different mafia today, but it seems still powered by money. That’s why there has been so many controversial decisions over the years. NOT saying that happened in this fight but I wouldn’t be suprised. Never know. But when it’s that close and you have the power to choose for financial reasons, stranger things have happened. But some people pretend it doesn’t happen.

Comment

• I didn’t buy the roberry i went to friends house.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            Canelo got beat, he knows, his camp knows too.
            Sanchez admitted in the corner that they were losing the fight.

Comment

• I was telling the people I was with..the judges will score all the relatively close rounds to Canelo...just the way it is..

But GGG won in my eyes...sad

Comment

• I wanted ggg to win, i honestly thought canelo won, but a draw, canelo win, or ggg win, all would have been acceptable. Im surprised about the outrage as i really wanted ggg to win, not sure if the beers impacted my assessment but I would have given slight edge to canelo. Either way nothing was resolved tonight. Onto the rubber match, and hell if GGG wins in a similar manner as tonights fight........then onto number 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by puroylan View Post
                  I had GGG 115-113 but I can see why the judges gave it to Canelo.
                  Same. 7-5 GGG, but there were several close rds early & Canelo was landing more power shots & was the aggressor for virtually the whole fight minus a couple minutes later in the fight.

Super surprised Canelo fought like he did. I fully expected Canelo do stand in front of GGG more & engage GGG more on his terms, but I didn't think he'd do it to the extent he did.

And honestly I thought the way he fought was gonna cost him the fight since GGG's jab was the most defining thing of the fight besides Canelo coming forward all night. Was already thinking Abel & GGG had gotten into Canelo's head to get him fighting in a way that gave GGG more opportunity to land on Canelo, but ultimately Abel's words mighta been a motivating factor into Canelo being more aggressive & beating GGG at his own game.

Still was a close fight that I wasn't mad at the decision about cuz there were so many early close rds that coulda went either way.

Comment

• Canelo won simple as that

Comment

• Originally posted by D3v1Ld0g View Post
                      "Shells". Be that as it may, all those fighters still fought at an elite level and continued to win. Im not gonna go back to hundreds of years in history to make my point that there is many fighters that did it. I'll agree that it is atypical, but not unheard of or uncommon for elite fighters to fight at such a high level for a long time. Some people just aren't built from the same cloth and there are exeptions to the rule. If you take care of your body you can go far. Today, you can't argue that 40 isn't the new 30's.
                      Dude please stop:

Duran didn't beat an elite fighter after 35. Look at his boxrec if that helps you. Ray Leonard beat a DONE Hearns. Shall I go on here? Again no disrespect to any of these fighters but not ONE of them was anywhere close to what they once were. Great still, yeah, experience goes a long way in the fight game but even asking them directly they themselves would tell you hell no I wasn't what I used to be when I hit 35.

Comment

Working...
                      X