Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez’s deal with HBO ends with Golovkin rematch (RIP HBO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
    Canelo used to fight on Showtime so I don't see why not especially now that Showtime will have a huge budget
    That was back when GB/Oscar/Haymon/Rich were one big happy family.

Comment

sad................

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
        Canelo used to fight on Showtime so I don't see why not especially now that Showtime will have a huge budget
        Alvarez/Golden Boy ****ed Showtime when they ditched for HBO the first time; that will likely not be forgotten anytime soon. [When the PBC effort was being set up, there's no doubt in my mind that Haymon gave Espinoza an idea of what the plan was. With so much of Haymon's talent tied with launching the PBC effort, having Alvarez around, as Espinoza had an agreement to do, would've saved the 2015 Showtime schedule].

Outside of Canelo tossing Oscar to the side, I wouldn't waste the time thinking of a re-link.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I could see DAZN picking up GGG. I think Canelo & GGG being free agents at the same time when Hearn has a big pile of money makes him a favorite to sign at least one of them.
          Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          I can't see those guys from from a TV to a app. They can go to SHO and not be signed to PBC.
          Of course GGG would more likely gp instead of Canelo/Oscar. Can't see Oscar goin to SHO even without PBC.
          I see them as free agents. With ESPN you don't have to sign a 3 fight deal. With a DAZN it seems you do. But then again that 3 fight deal may be security for them

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I see them as free agents. With ESPN you don't have to sign a 3 fight deal. With a DAZN it seems you do. But then again that 3 fight deal may be security for them
            Feel like Eddie would pay either guy better to for their 3 fight loyalty.

Comment

F**k Peter Nelson !

Comment

I like both HBO and Showtime and hope they stay in boxing in a big way.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Boxing Goat

As you were saying......????
                  You get back to me if he signs elsewhere. Golden Boy and HBO are still thick as thieves in case you didn't know.

Comment

I can see GGG signing with DAZN and being the face of the platform.

But Canelo would probably go elsewhere. I can't see Oscar wanting to play second fiddle to Hearn. ESPN seems likely, since Golden Boy has already been having fights there.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                      I can see GGG signing with DAZN and being the face of the platform.

But Canelo would probably go elsewhere. I can't see Oscar wanting to play second fiddle to Hearn. ESPN seems likely, since Golden Boy has already been having fights there.
                      That makes sense because Canelo is a twice a year PPV fighter. He can go anywhere and sell his PPV's a la carte to any network.

GGG isn't a PPV fighter but he's a draw. He's going to want a high minimum per fight and DAZN can afford it and needs him.

Comment

Working...
                      X