No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Jorge Linares?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan vs Jorge Linares?

Who wins this one if they fought? Say at 140 pounds or at a catch weight?

I know they are a few divisions apart right now. But Linares is a very big 135 pounder. Whilst Amir Khan has competed at 140 pounds before and is also one of the smaller 147 pounders.

If Amir Khan moved down a division to 140 pounds, and if Linares moved up a division to 140 pounds, how do you see this fight going? Or what if they fought at a reasonable catch weight?

I think Linares does better than some expect? Although Khan might be a little faster, Linares is a more fluid boxer with more fluid combination punching and probably also has better accuracy to boot to. And probably also has better punch variation.

Seems like a 50/50 fight to me!

What do you all think?
    Amir Khan (Expalin how)
    25.00%
    Jorge Linares (Explain how)
    75.00%

I think the Linares that fought Loma beats Khan with a late Knock out.

They both have quick hands and flashy combos but i see Jorge being more accurate with a higher intensity.
    It would probably come down to the best stamina and best chin which I think Linares has both at the moment.

Comment

Man, this should be billed as the battle of the chinless, whoever lands first wins.

Comment

Amir too big for Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
          Amir too big for Linares.
          They're the same height (give or take) and neither is exactly built like a tank... I think they would match pretty well size wise. Khan's a natural 147lber as a mature fighter in his 30s and I think Linares would fight most comfortably at 140 but chooses to drain.

Comment

Linares is better at this point of their careers. He is more fundamentally sound, better defense and discipline.
            And probably got a lot more left in his than Khan.
            Best version of Khan beats the best version of Linares though, let’s say the one that beat Maidana? Zab, malignaggi kotelnik

Comment

At 140 i say Linares by KO

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                I think the Linares that fought Loma beats Khan with a late Knock out.

They both have quick hands and flashy combos but i see Jorge being more accurate with a higher intensity.
                It would probably come down to the best stamina and best chin which I think Linares has both at the moment.
                I agree with this. Khan had his hands full with 30 to 1 underdog cherry picked Vargas. I think he is finished at the world class level while Linares is a world champion level boxer and much better than Khan. Linares's fast accurate hands would land cleanly on Khan's fragile chin often enough to get the KO.

Comment

Working...
                X