No announcement yet.

Spence vs Berto and Porter vs Collazo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
    i'm not trying to have these "buildup" scenarios, i'm just being real. do you honestly think spence and porter can make it happen in dec?
    Actually I do think its possible. I just don't think its likely cuz I suspect Spence already gots something on the stove, just not officially announced, & it might be that Mikey fight.

if not dec and next year, then why not have these stay busy fights.
    Cuz neither of these guys should be having "stay busy" fights. They should fight the best available guy or fulfill mandatory's so they can have more meaningful fights moving forward. If that happens to be Berto & Collazo fair play.

spence himself said "next year" so I don't get the surprise?
    Spence said "he'd LIKE that fight this year, but he'd LOVE it next year" verbatim iirc.

As I mentioned in another thread I think thats because he's already got his next fight lined up this year & its just not official so its more likely next year is more doable then this year.

Comment

Porter has to fight 2 mandatory which are Ugas and Thurman when he's ready.

Spence can fight anyone in top 15 since he just fought his mando.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        Porter has to fight 2 mandatory which are Ugas and Thurman when he's ready.
        Is Thurman the other mandatory?!?!

Spence can fight anyone in top 15 since he just fought his mando.
        Holy sh^t look at this group of f#ckheads.

1 NOT RATED
        2 Yordenis Ugas Cuba
        3 Jessie Vargas United States
        4 Qudratillo Abduqaxorov Uzbekistan
        5 Kerman Lejarraga Spain
        6 Keita Obara Japan
        7 Andre Berto United States
        8 Rashidi Ellis United States
        9 Carlos Adames United States
        10 Custio Clayton Canada
        11 Cesar Barrionuevo Argentina
        12 Carlos Ocampo Mexico
        13 Egidijus Kavaliauskas United States
        14 Rico Muller Germany
        15 Devon Alexander United States

Berto might legit be the best option or Vargas off of his recent performances.

Ugas is deserving, but he's not really a name guy that'll help sell a fight. It'll be Ocampo II in most people's minds despite Ugas being much more solid & proven than Ocampo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

1 NOT RATED
          2 Yordenis Ugas Cuba
          5 Kerman Lejarraga Spain
          6 Keita Obara Japan
          10 Custio Clayton Canada
          12 Carlos Ocampo Mexico
          14 Rico Muller Germany

Ugas is deserving, but he's not really a name guy that'll help sell a fight. It'll be Ocampo II in most people's minds despite Ugas being much more solid & proven than Ocampo.
          crazy ...custio is from like 10 minute drive from me

Comment

1 NOT RATED
            2 Yordenis Ugas Cuba
            5 Kerman Lejarraga Spain
            6 Keita Obara Japan
            10 Custio Clayton Canada
            12 Carlos Ocampo Mexico
            14 Rico Muller Germany

Thurman vacated and so he can fight for the belt as a mando. Ugas is first tho.

And Spence may end up fighting Berto as Berto wants the fight actually. If not Mikey Garcia you just yesterday at the fight said they're in talks with Spence now.

Comment

Spence vs. Porter should be next but I agree that it's probably not gonna happen. Unfortunately that's what boxing is like these days. Making the best fight the best isn't as simple as we'd like it to be.

Danny Garcia won't fight anyone worth a damn for at least another year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Thurman vacated and so he can fight for the belt as a mando. Ugas is first tho.
                I thought Thurman had that emeritus situation like Vitali had when he retired. Like a get a title shot for free card or something lol.

But isn't that different from being mandatory? So potentially Porter could have 2 mandatory's AND Thurman no?

And Spence may end up fighting Berto as Berto wants the fight actually. If not Mikey Garcia you just yesterday at the fight said they're in talks with Spence now.
                Yea Berto is getting up there (35yrs). He needs to sh^t or get off the pot so he should want that fight.

Kinda hoping Mikey gets that fight doe. Thats the more compelling matchup to me even if it could be it ends up being too big a ask for Mikey & not as competitive. I do feel like Mikey could surprise some people including Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                  I hope you're right then, but when the guy himself says "next year", it's kind of hard to see it happening when we want it to

again ain't beating around the bush, i want to see it just like you, i'm just trying to remember the last fight that happened when we wanted it to happen
                  I think that's mainly due to the networks' date availability or maybe Spence having another fight line up. But last I heard, it didn't seem like the Mikey Garcia fight was happening next for him, so Porter would be his best available option.

I guess Porter could have a mandatory coming up, but given he and Danny were the top rated active fighters in the WBC rankings, I'm assuming the WBC itself wouldn't get in the way of a unification fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                    He want to give Spence more time , you know a fight with Porter have to have VADA, Pac and Spence are like the only top 147 guys that are not using Vada..

Would definitely prefer for all these fights to have VADA testing.

Comment

I thought Thurman had that emeritus situation like Vitali had when he retired. Like a get a title shot for free card or something lol.

But isn't that different from being mandatory? So potentially Porter could have 2 mandatory's AND Thurman no?

Yea Berto is getting up there (35yrs). He needs to sh^t or get off the pot so he should want that fight.

Kinda hoping Mikey gets that fight doe. Thats the more compelling matchup to me even if it could be it ends up being too big a ask for Mikey & not as competitive. I do feel like Mikey could surprise some people including Spence.
                      Porter won't have 4 mandos and Thurman it's one mando and Thurman. Only if Thurman doesn't want the fight then Porter will have 2. Ugas 1st and I think Berto is 2nd in line.

Comment

Working...
                      X