No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Decisions Danny Garcia To Capture WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
    Garcia threw this fight away with inactivity, he was schooling the utter chit outta Porter for 4 rounds embarrassing him, seems like he lost confidence as his power didn't effect Porter like he thought it would.
    Garcia and his dad were putting way too much stock in Danny's "power" leading up to the fight but they fail to realize while Danny has good pop the only davastating KOs he's had have come against career lightweights which Porter is not.

Comment

• Put some glasses 👓 on

Comment

• Great fight! Porter out punched Garcia.

Porter targeted Garcia's body throughout the fight. He used constant feints to freeze and confuse his Garcia. Fighters received a standing ovation from the crowd. Porter won the fight with judges' scores cards of 116-112 and 115-113 (twice).

LOL! Fight fans were brutal tonight. Thurman was booed throughout the fight when he was shown on the big screen above the arena.

IBF champion Errol Spence Jr. however, was showered with cheers including after the fight when he entered the ring to congratulate Porter and hype up the potential of a must-see unification bout between the two in 2019.

Comment

• Can anyone imagine what Leonard or Hearns would have done to Porter and Garcia? Apart from "no mas" even Duran at Welterweight destroys these guys.

Comment

• Duran would make Danny’s dad throw in the towel. Porter would hang around but get finished late. Prime Leonard had trouble the first fight. These two would be no competition

Comment

• I saw a diferent Porter last night fighting from outside and keep it busy thats why he won ! Danny was doing good at firts but he stop

Comment

• I’m glad for porter, took some lumps, few losses, stayed the course and seized the opportunity, however even tho I think his fight with keith was a draw, I don’t think he would have gotten the wbc if Keith was still active, good game plan last night, DSG is simple at times, he needed to stay at 140 and have a better diet in that division so he could rule there

Comment

• Competitive as expected. I thought 7-5 either way or a draw would have been fair results.

Porter was his usual self, pressure and relentless, after a slow start. I was glad to see him get the win

Comment

• Originally posted by KennyPowers View Post
                    Duran would make Danny’s dad throw in the towel. Porter would hang around but get finished late. Prime Leonard had trouble the first fight. These two would be no competition
                    Duran would have said no mas. Sugar Ray got ko'd by macho and Tommy had no chin. Stop living in the past.

Comment

• Although I agree with the decision, I'm still shocked that not one judge scored it for Danny or at least a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X