No announcement yet.

Looks Like Deontay And Tyson Got This One Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like Deontay And Tyson Got This One Right

Reports are that Vegas has come thru with a site fee to host the fight and that both men are guaranteed 20 million.

If this is true, I don't think anyone can doubt that both men were right to fight each other instead of accepting a lowball offer to fight someone else.

Rumors are that Vegas was willing to shell out 40 million for AJ vs Wilder, so it wouldn't shock me if the site fee for this one was at least half of that if not more.

No matter what happens, this changes the bargaining position of both men when it comes to a potential showdown with Joshua.

Both men could wind up with more money from this fight than Joshua has ever made in any one fight- no more talk about whether Wilder or Fury should accept whatever Matchroom offers because it would be "their highest payday".

This is a game changer...

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/news...ber/ar-BBMVpKb

It would be funny if they both retired after this and Joshua was just out his big payday.

Comment

Well, the real problem for AJ comes if it is an entertaining fight that begs a rematch.

They may make as much fighting each other again than they can make fighting AJ, especially if Hearn keeps making absurd offers.

Comment

they arent getting 20 mill each. what planet do you live on, use some common sense.

Comment

Not my words.

It's in the article linked in the OP.

"In contrast with the prolonged, bitter and ultimately failed negotiations with Joshua, it is understood that Wilder and Fury quickly settled on a straight 50-50 purse split.

That is believed to guarantee each of them $20 million (£15.5m), rising if the fight is a box office hit on pay-per-view here and on the Showtime cable network in America.

Wilder v Fury will be televised live on BT Sports Box Office in early December."

And, it's very possible if the site fee being paid is decent.

Comment

Hearn and AJ- "Why won't Wilder sign to fight in April for $15 million flat?"

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              they arent getting 20 mill each. what planet do you live on, use some common sense.

do you even live in america?

Comment

Unless you tell me this fight will do over 1M PPV Buys and $20M+ at the gate, these figures are hard to believe.

Comment

How come every post sounds like AJ featuring AJ?

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                    Hearn and AJ- "Why won't Wilder sign to fight in April for $15 million flat?"
                    that would have been a big mistake, I don't understand how any fan, weather they like wilder or not would tell him to take that deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X