No announcement yet.

Ugas vs Barrioneuvo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugas vs Barrioneuvo

Little to no talk of this match up and I'm not exactly sure why. Both fighters styles should mesh well and both have been on good rolls in the last few years. Ugas in spots will school Barrioneuvo, but man he will be in danger all fight. Love this match up.

Here is Barrioneuvo's rematch with Veron.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      Agreed - good contender's match-up. Ugas is levels above in terms of skills, but there's volnurable side to him and Barrionuevo while somewhat basic has a big left hand.
      Hope Ugas pulls this off, I really like his resurrection at Welterweight - probably should've never fought down at 140.. He's solid even as Welter.
      Team Freedom!
      Still amazing how he loses to Imam in 2014, and then two years later comes back and goes on this big run. And I remember how he was the fairly big underdog going into his fight with James. After that he hasn't looked back.

This is solid scrap for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Here is Barrioneuvo's rematch with Veron.
        this fight was this january and the previous one was last october. incredible how they let veron fight him again after only 3 months. the first one also ended in a violent KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          this fight was this january and the previous one was last october. incredible how they let veron fight him again after only 3 months. the first one also ended in a violent KO.
          Absolutely. Like a guy gets stopped and he shouldn't even be in the gym getting hit for at least three months, let alone fight a rematch in that time.

Comment

Look forward to this fight as well as well as Kownacki vs Martin on Saturday. Ugas is never in a boring fight to be honest

Comment

Should be an entertaining fight, they both like to come forward and exchange, Ugas should take it if he makes Barrionuevo miss those swings and comes over the top with straight rights, Barrionuevo can punch with both hands and likes to throw combos, so he'll never be out of it as long as he is on his feet.

Comment

Well, this fight sure didn't turn out how I thought it would. Complete one sided schooling from Ugas who deserves a title shot now.

Comment

I hope Ugas gets his shot. I mean if someone has paid his dues, it is Ugas.

Comment

Working...
                  X