Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: If Golovkin Turns it On Early, He Could Stop Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vae Victis View Post
    Boxing Logic, I only hope that in this fight boxing logic is replaced by boxing chaos, and what I mean is (as I've written before) a Hagler vs Hearns or a Hearns vs Duran fight. Dispense with the logical approach and let chaos reign. And may the best man win. That or we can have Alfred E. Neuman vs Richie Cunningham part two on September 15th.
    The Dionysian over the Apollinian! woo hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Victor Conte says that training in altitude into your thirties actually ruins your speed and power because as the body ages, it cant repair muscle fibers as quickly, and sleeping at altitude means there is not enough oxygen in the air to fully repair those muscles after a workout. He said the positive effects for stamina also stop happening. He said because the muscle fibers cant fully repair themselves anymore, the body replaces the thin, fast, high twitch, explosive muscle fibers, which also take less oxygen to operate I guess, with thicker, slower muscle that takes more oxygen to use, thus stamina. If you look at GGG's body now compared to in his prime, his muscle is thicker, heavier, and slower. Canelo still has his lean explosive muscle, GGG does not. Seems like Victor Conte is up to date on this science since that's what he does, but Abel, an old school trainer not a chemist, is not up to date. If that's the case, Abel may be ruined GGG by training him in Big Bear and that may be the reason GGG has aged so badly over the last 3-4 years.

So yeah, normally I'd agree with you, but in this case, the opposite of what you're saying may be true.
      Lol.
      What do you mean by aged so badly.
      He has just fought Jacobs and Canelo back to back.
      He won one and Got a draw in the other.
      If that's aging badly I think most fighters would want that ish.

Comment

Ggg could have underestimated nelo first fight.
        But I thought ssm might think nelo will win as he fought nelo himself and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
          If he turns it on early he can get caught by a counter and get hurt himself. Doubt this fight will be much different. Still see Cinnamon giving GGG a boxing lesson.
          how will clenelo look now that he isn't cheating is the million dollar question.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
            Golovkin will not pour it on early, unlike most of you, he has been in the ring with Canelo, and he knows intimately what Canelo is capable of, because he already ate plenty counters. GGG should've got Canelo out of there with his "power" as seen in his previous fights, but He KNOWS what Canelo is capable of, and now Canelo knows he can take G's power and can fully "OUTBOX" GGG. Canelo stops GGG in the 9th. His boxing SKILL will win it for him.
            He can outspeed Golovkin if his stamina holds up but he can't out box him. He's just not smart enough.

Comment

Was is wannabe or wanna be? Because clearly you are casual AND a moron. It’s wannabe you wannabe!
              Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
              same thing goes for too many wanna be journalists trying to act like they have knowledge in journalism.

like you

Comment

I stand corrected and I agree with you. The level of stupidity among casuals on here is amazing and I confused your post for another moron trying to prove a moot point. I agree with you.
                Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Yes. I believe the post I was responding to you made the comment "Too many boxing experts who’ve never laced a pair of gloves offering the most garbage of inputs."

In attempts to belittle the boxing heads on here and pump up Mosley's questionable gameplan. The video was to demonstrate that just because your a boxer, doesn't mean you know sht about other fighters. A lot of boxer's barely follow boxing, let alone like the guys on here. Pro fighter's opinions are usually not worth much when it comes to predicting fights(Thurman and perhaps Ward are some exceptions), best to get the opinion of a trainer at least. But not much trumps a boxing nerd.

You didn't get that?

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                  I found this video interesting. It looked like Canelo hit GGG with his best shot in the 1st fight and GGG kept coming forward. I wonder if this will be in the back of Canelo’s mind. Just clicked on link & see for yourself.

https://youtu.be/M8GQ_nIf4qg
                  Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

However, and I have to point out that I'm not a fan of Canelo (not a fan of any of the two actually, but very interested in their fight), I totally disagree with "his best shot" statement, because it is not true at all.

The best shot of Canelo is a feigned jab followed by a powerful right THAT his OPPONENT DIDN'T EVER SEE COMING, and this last thing is the most important thing.

Seeing the slow mo repetition of that shot, one can easily realize that:
                  1) even if too late, GGG SAW THAT SHOT COMING and one can really see how he slightly moved his body backwards AND ROLLED HIS HEAD WITH THE PUNCH, which decreased the impact a significant percentage.
                  2) That's round nine, you look at Canelo's face, HE IS TIRED AS HECK. He is beginning to get totally gassed. That same shot before round eight, would have had much power for sure, and in the first four rounds would have probably dropped GGG, even if he saw it coming and moved his body and rolled his head as described.

Bottom line THAT IS NO WAY THE BEST SHOT OF CANELO, because of the reasons explained. Technically it might look like it, because he did put all his body and power into it, but it wasn't either a surprise (never seen by the opponent) punch, nor iwas it when Canelo was fresh and full of power. The "best punch" is a combination of technical execution and circumstances, in this case the circumstances failed. Of course somebody with a glass chin like Khan would have probably gone to sleep with that, who knows, but anybody else I don't think so, much less GGG who supposedly has an iron chin, but this has never really been tested, and this would happen if Canelo catches him flush in the next fight, in the early rounds without GGG seeing it coming but I doubt it because I don't think Canelo will man up for the next fight.
                  Last edited by sterilizer; 09-02-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X