Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Their Protest of Canelo's Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    1. It doesn't say they've even been used in sparring, just in training.
    2. Even if Canelo says they were used for 12x3 rounds sparring, 'Canelo says it's true so it must be' is your own logic, most people don't follow it. You'd need actual testing under stringent conditions by impartial observers, not by Canelo himself.
    3. Surely you know that sparring gloves are bigger, and you don't use the same gloves in sparring as you do in a pro fight?
    4. Sparring is not more intense than an actual bout.

This has to be the first time in history any boxer is enough of a petulant diva to demand that they get to wear gloves that their trainer specially made to give them an advantage without them even being tested first.

After avoiding testing for Smith and Chavez and then getting caught using clenbuterol for GGG, I can understand why Canelo is looking for another unfair advantage this time. But his trainer should just do a better job of training instead of giving him drugs and designing questionable new gloves.
    I have heard that they use them in Mexico....lil g fans are sweatin' as the fight nears....EXCUSE galore....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbt View Post
      How Canelo still has fans is a mystery to me. They're not boxing fans.
      How the hell can you be a lil g fan if he can't box? LMMFAO! Its not a mystery to me cuz I can read you lil g fake fans...….

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        Golovkin was accused of using gloves like that wasn't he. I know that the gloves Maidana used were said to perform like that as well and they were made by a notable brand.

At the level these guys fight, their gloves are custom made. The gloves are approved by the commission and then inspected by the opposition on fight night. I think there's little to no risk that they'd be out of specification. I think, like Sanchez said, the only issue is durability. As Loeffler stated, the commission didn't want the GGG Canelo fight to be the first time that these gloves were worn, so they will be used on the card hosted on the 13th.
        The trainer of a fighter that has his own brand of gloves it's not the same thing as a factory at arm's length. The potential for cheating is much higher. I don't care who the trainer is.
        Last edited by TonyGe; 08-31-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
          Like that matters if you’re the one hurting the opponent.

NeVada should easily rule against them until tested, period. Easy solution.
          No problem, its still not going to help lil g....LMMFAO!

Comment

• I love how all the Canelo hard cores are acting like Canelo is going to end GGG. So he didnt try last time? Lol.

If the glove was on the other hand Canelo's team would protest this also. Why cant people just be real?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Kannabis Kid
              Look what Rosado and Monroe had to say about GGG's gloves there is various videos on YouTube. Its all just speculation and I dont really care as should everyone else if the commission approves the gloves who cares? That means that they met the standards and are ok to use in competition. People here are talking about well trusted brands like Rival why?

Just because they became popular in the last 6 years? Before that they were unknown in the United States. I've seen fighters wear Adidas, Reebok, Title, Pro Mex, Lonsdale, Grant, Everlast, Rival, Cleto Reyes, Ringside, Winning, Fighting and many others all in pro fights so whats the big deal it basically looks like a Cleto Reyes with a new print as long as its 10 oz and properly padded whats the difference between using another horse hair puncher glove like the MX Everlast or Cletos. They also mentioned that they have been used for fights in Mexico which are still sanctioned so obviously they dont fall apart like Sanchez claims just tactics that loudmouth is using because he knows his cash cow is in trouble.

People just like to cry alot on here and run their mouths but the gloves are not going to change the outcome of the fight the fighters are.

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
              due take your mexico tinsel hat off and realise that canelo is just trying to cheat the system again. i wouldnt be surprised if hes ignorant enough to be still on the juice. his fans are paathetic sticking up for a man that clearly is a compulsive cheater and feels he is above the law.
              You lil g fans are showing your fear big time! LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                LMMFAO! You still shook!
                you better pray that Canelo can miraculously pull out this win with his weak stamina and non peds assisted training. Because if not, Ima go right back to your groupie posts and embarrass your d**k riding ass to the point that you're gonna shut your account down. That is if you don't off yourself first out of depression from watching him lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Fister View Post
                  Canelo and his team of cheats never stop with their BS. Imagine if they get caught 1 or 2 times, how many times and how much crap they must do and get away with.
                  Team lil g & fans never stop making excuses with their BS. No imagination of Nelo beating that fake again, it will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                    Canelo looking to cheat in some fashion.
                    Looked like he was trying to promote gloves for some money. Excuses never run out for lil g huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by allen23 View Post
                      whats your point? are u arguing that canelo should be allowed wear his own custom made gloves by his trainer that arent tested for elite level fighting? would this be the same trainer who was a butcher for 15 years and came up with the clen excuse...give me a break
                      You are sweatin' BIG TIME....LMMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X