Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxers ignore defense and movement and just trade punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Sure! MMA sells!

Comment

Should boxing be more like figure skating? Should judges award victories to boxers for their cute defensive moves even if they never throw punches?

Comment

Next Canelo will pull a Curtis Harper, and people will be all "What's wrong, don't you understand defensive fighting?"

Comment

Fighters should do whatever it is they do best...it's up to the other guy to impose his style. That's what makes boxing interesting...there's no one right way to do it, and any fighter can win with their particular skill set on any given night.

Comment

should fighters ignore the rules and just cheat?

Comment

Yes.

This would make boxing more 'equal' so people like David Lemieux and GGG have an equal chance at winning vs people who can move

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                  Is this just a thinly veined dig at GGG Larry?
                  Of course it is. It also is a "thinly veiled" way of endorsing Floyd's fleeting, pot shot and hold style as quality pugilism.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    Of course it is. It also is a "thinly veiled" way of endorsing Floyd's fleeting, pot shot and hold style as quality pugilism.
                    I thought so.
                    Plus I knew it had to have had something to do with Floyd

I like Larryxxx but sometimes they he needs to know that hes retired.

Comment

Voting Yes in the poll should be grounds for a permaban imo

Comment

Working...
                      X