Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oquendo: When I Win The WBA Title, I'll Be in The Record Books

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Has nothing to do with real or fake. Charr is the WBA world champion. Joshua is the WBA super champion. The super championship commands more respect in the present, but if the WBA ever phases out titles as promised, it's the super title that is going away and the world title that will live on.
    Exactly, the super title commands more respect at the moment. So the other WBA title shouldn't get anyone in the record books at the moment.

Comment

I feel bad for Fres. He had some tough decision losses that should've gone his way

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Exactly, the super title commands more respect at the moment. So the other WBA title shouldn't get anyone in the record books at the moment.
        That's not how facts work. Charr is WBA world champion. He's in the record books. Because the WBA also has super champions, WBA world champions have rightly lost some of their prestige. Personally, I don't recognize any WBA titles as world titles and haven't since 2001. Wish more would have followed suit.

Comment

That's not how facts work. Charr is WBA world champion. He's in the record books. Because the WBA also has super champions, WBA world champions have rightly lost some of their prestige. Personally, I don't recognize any WBA titles as world titles and haven't since 2001. Wish more would have followed suit.
          Charr is WBA word champion but he's not even the best WBA heavyweight champion out there right now.

So his belt has been rendered meaningless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Charr is WBA word champion but he's not even the best WBA heavyweight champion out there right now.

So his belt has been rendered meaningless.
              You determine meaning for yourself. Nobody else can tell you what you should find meaningful. Me personally, I never recognized the WBO and I stopped recognizing the WBA when they instituted super titles. I only recognize the WBC and IBF as world titles.

Comment

You determine meaning for yourself. Nobody else can tell you what you should find meaningful. Me personally, I never recognized the WBO and I stopped recognizing the WBA when they instituted super titles. I only recognize the WBC and IBF as world titles.
                I'm sure if the wbo paid you like the wbc wba and ibf does you'd be singing a different tune!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                  I'm sure if the wbo paid you like the wbc wba and ibf does you'd be singing a different tune!
                  The sanctioning bodies aren't the ones that pay me. Why would you think the WBA pays me when I'm advocating that they should be de-recognized and no longer considered a world title?

Comment

Working...
                  X