Comments Thread For: Menayothin Nears Defense To Snap Mayweather's 50-0 Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH the best in history

Comment

No one knows who he is AND it's not just about matching 50-0, it's who you've fought along the way to get to 50-0.

Floyd has De La Hoya, Cotto, Corralas, Hernandez, Pacquaio, Alvarez on his resume among others.

Who does Menayothin have on his resume? Can anyone list them without going to Box Rec? I had to look at the title of this guy name in order to type it for this post.

Comment

Boxing Fans on this forum will troll this-LOL! Hey, the guy is a professional boxer with a license and fights in a real boxing division. A record is a record. He won’t go down as one of the greatest of all times. Doesn’t mean his record isn’t legit. If he manages to beat 51 straight opponents, it’s not easy to do. Give him some credit. But any teenage kid from Compton or any hood would beat his 100 lb ass-LOL!

Comment

Ricardo Lopez was undefeated in 52 pro fights so cue the TBE talk. He'll be #2 all-time this week but don't jump the gun. Now you haters may say Lopez was 51-0-1 but he's still undefeated and that draw was a shortened bout that was stopped after 7 rounds. He did the immediate re-match and won.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
            Yes they did.

I wasn't talking about retiring undefeated, I was saying quite a few fighters surpassed 50-0 long before mayweather. Whether they retired undefeated is a separate matter.
            But the record is about retiring with a record of more than 49-0 not who can go the longest without losing. Personally I don't care either way , if you are fighting bums then wants the difference alot of these 60+ win fighters who never lost fought bums and ended up losing when they stepped up. Chris John, Chavez , Chavez Jr, Canelo, Kell Brook etc.

Comment

I would like to see Floyd attend and show good will but I bet he will attempt to discredit it somehow instead. I don't consider it legitimate though as long as the other best strawweight is also from Thailand, and they haven't fought yet. He needs to face the other, younger Thai before retiring (Niyomtrong age 27 and Moonsri is 32).
              Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 08-27-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

you don't mess with greatness.

the man is called five star grilled chicken FFS. just hand him all the belts and all the money. see you in canastota, five star.

Comment

Quite a few fighters have already snapped Mayweather's "record" a long time ago. This is nothing special.
                  the record is"RETIRING"with the most wins with no losses or draws

Comment

Yes they did.

I wasn't talking about retiring undefeated, I was saying quite a few fighters surpassed 50-0 long before mayweather. Whether they retired undefeated is a separate matter.
                    50-0 is simple the record for RETIRING with the most wins with no losses or draws

Comment

So now the number one and number two slots will be both be held by "Chickens"

Comment

Working...
                      X