Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wilder-Fury make more revenue then Joshua-Povetkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wilder-Fury make more revenue then Joshua-Povetkin?

what are your thoughts?

It all Depends on how many people buy the Wilder /Fury PPV in the States

I think it has a good shot that it makes more $ then AJ/Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      It all Depends on how many people buy the Wilder /Fury PPV in the States

I think it has a good shot that it makes more $ then AJ/Povetkin.
      Does that change the split???

Comment

Most definitely. The wilder and fury gate alone will probably exceed AJ/povs gate and ppv sales combined things are just way more expensive in America to watch and attend fight
        Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 08-22-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I don't know if Wilder is known well enough in America or if Fury has enough of a following in the UK to make it a real blockbuster fight. I know I won't be buying, I'll find a bar that's showing it but I'll do the same for Joshua vs Povetkin.

It would have to be a blockbuster for the split in a Joshua/Wilder fight to improve I reckon. That's assuming they both get by their next opponents.

Comment

I just know it's a better fight, and I'm looking forward to it more. I don't know enough about how the economics will work.

Comment

I have no doubt it will outsell, it's already taken the forefront of the boxing world, at least in the heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                I don't know if Wilder is known well enough in America or if Fury has enough of a following in the UK to make it a real blockbuster fight. I know I won't be buying, I'll find a bar that's showing it but I'll do the same for Joshua vs Povetkin.

It would have to be a blockbuster for the split in a Joshua/Wilder fight to improve I reckon. That's assuming they both get by their next opponents.
                How u gonna watch Josh/Pov in a bar when it's only on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  Most definitely. The wilder and fury gate alone will probably exceed AJ/povs gate and ppv sales combined things are just way more expensive in America to watch and attend fight
                  Really?

Wembley will be 90000 people. Cheapest ticket is $70.
                  AJ's last fight had over 1m buys in the UK.

Wilder has not been on PPV so can't guess how many buys it will do.
                  If it is at the t mobile its maximum capacity is 20000.

Unless ppv buys are huge there is zero chance of it making more than Aj's next fight. The gate receipts on their own? Get real.

Comment

No. That's wishful thinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X