No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Sees No Obstacles in Facing PBC Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    He's faced plenty of non Top Rank opponents. Indongo, Diaz, Molina, Postol, Jean were not with Top Rank. Of course this conflicts with your "Arum only makes in house fights doe" narrative.
    He does make in-house fights, dummy. When it's time to face a Spence or a Thurman, Arum's going to demand that fight be on ESPN too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      I know! I almost fell on the floor laughing when I read that.
      The guy is the king of in house promotions. He'll rarely risk a top rank star vs a real threat from another promotion & pbc has some threats for Crawford. I'd favor Crawford over anyone at pbc (except maybe Spence which could be 50/50) but challenges from guys like the garcia vs porter winner and a healthy Thurman would be risks nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He does make in-house fights, dummy. When it's time to face a Spence or a Thurman, Arum's going to demand that fight be on ESPN too.
        Haymon makes more in house fights then Arum though. Just look at the guys Mikey Garcia's been fighting for example. And whats wrong with Spence or Thurman fighting on ESPN? It will get a larger audience there then on Showtime.

Comment

Maybe posters here should watch the interview instead (fight hype). He gave a very political answer lol

Definitely didn't sound all that eager to fight the "PBC" guys.

Comment

Haymon makes more in house fights then Arum though. Just look at the guys Mikey Garcia's been fighting for example. And whats wrong with Spence or Thurman fighting on ESPN? It will get a larger audience there then on Showtime.
            Nothing is wrong-except for the exclusive network contract that makes that almost impossible.

Let me ask you this-if you have a fight on ESPN, against an opponent with an ESPN deal, promoted by a guy with an exclusive ESPN deal, would you be completely conformable?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Nothing is wrong-except for the exclusive network contract that makes that almost impossible.

Let me ask you this-if you have a fight on ESPN, against an opponent with an ESPN deal, promoted by a guy with an exclusive ESPN deal, would you be completely conformable?
              The same goes for Crawford. Do you believe a non Haymon managed opponent is going to get a fair shake on Showtime? I don't. Haymon is shady as hell and will try to get every advantage possible for his top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Haymon is the one making more "in house fights" Look at almost any Showtime card and 90% of the fights are "in house" Crawford, Loma, Jose Ramirez, Gilberto Ramirez stay fighting guys that aren't with TR. Just look at their recent opponents.

Crawford has already fought two Haymon guys plus guys like Gamboa, Jean, Lundy, Indongo, etc, etc. Then you look at a guy like Danny Garcia or Porter and almost all they fight is PBC guys so you can see who the real obstacle is in making these fights.

Not that I blame Haymon though. He would rather his guys lose to an "in house" option than an outsider that he doesn't have any options on. In a lot of ways Haymon is exactly the same as what you blame Arum for

Comment

Put it up for bids and let the highest bidder win.

And Mikey isn’t signed to Haymon.

Comment

The same goes for Crawford. Do you believe a non Haymon managed opponent is going to get a fair shake on Showtime? I don't. Haymon is shady as hell and will try to get every advantage possible for his top guys.
                    I just answered your question about why a PBC guy wouldn't want to fight on ESPN. It's clear you agree, so I can't understand the nature of the question.

I think there would be concern either way so the fight likely needs to be a joint PPV, not just on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I just answered your question about why a PBC guy wouldn't want to fight on ESPN. It's clear you agree, so I can't understand the nature of the question.

I think there would be concern either way so the fight likely needs to be a joint PPV, not just on ESPN.
                      Yeah I don't dispute that. One of the sanctioning bodies should put it up for a purse bid and force the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X