Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury: The Heist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to both men. Fighters fight the fights that matter. Huge respect to both regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Great writing.

Props to Fury for stepping up the level of competition more quickly than we expected.

I could see Fury box circles around Deontay if prime Fury shows up, but I'm hoping I'm underrating Deontay's boxing game. After all, Wilder beat a technically sound Ortiz. Definitely a fight I'll be watching.

Comment

Decent article. Fury isn't ready yet he could have done with smashing chisora or someone half decent first but I don't care it just makes it a closer fight. Unlike most I like Hearn and Warren so this move by Frank is a belter I can't wait for Hearns next move. Its all good for boxing folks 👍people need to chill out, stop taking sides and enjoy it

Comment

Love the article. This fight is everything a HW title fight should be. Total madness. Tyson-Lewis, Ali-Frazier, Ali-Foreman, Holmes-Cooney.
          Last edited by BWC; 08-20-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

This is the best article I have read on this platform. It is everything rolled into one, perfect and befitting for boxing fans, not fanboys. Very much unlike the 1Cent articles making the rounds here

Comment

Tris is always spot on , as a scribe and editor for Boxing News for many years not much gets by him .It's pretty unusual for Tris to give a fight such a kind of animated 'Heist' kind of prospective but this is exactly what this fight is...exciting ,the unknown ...balls.

I hope this fight ,the build up! turns out good , because for too long now Hearn has been punching well above his weight and A.J. has disappointed with the blatant swerve 'give me $50 m and i'll sign tomorrow' bollocks .

Sorry AJ I've supported you payed to see you live but I've got to say because of the unknown and balls involved I would much sooner see Tyson v Wilder than you fight a forty year old who has never won a world title.

P.S. Eddie my lad is turnig pro. soon and I will have him with you because I know he's little chance of being hurt.....that's of course good but even I would want him to fight the best ....this is why we do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bum squad View Post
                you are right to some degree, the Fury-Wilder fight will take some of the limelight but i still think PPV and the gate will be strong as ever is for AJ he is huge business in the UK now simple as that and Povetkin may not be the mega fight but certainly is not a nobody.
                Yeah he is a draw, but sales are slow for this fight and he's been publicly embarrassed, so much so that even some of the biggest fanboys know it. His fight for Takam "sold out" in 10 minutes (albeit there was StubHub tickets available), the demand just isn't as big because of the whole Wilder thing.

Fans are actually voting a bit with their money. PPV will still be good but not as good as previous fights. It's not as if they can do any fake hype really for this unless it's through the undercard fighters.

Look for some fights with big "beef" to be added late for this one and some drama. You won't get it from AJ and Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
                  Hopefully it does 300K US PPV buys.
                  Anything under 200K is very bad.
                  I think it will do much better than either of those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                    Tris is always spot on , as a scribe and editor for Boxing News for many years not much gets by him .It's pretty unusual for Tris to give a fight such a kind of animated 'Heist' kind of prospective but this is exactly what this fight is...exciting ,the unknown ...balls.

I hope this fight ,the build up! turns out good , because for too long now Hearn has been punching well above his weight and A.J. has disappointed with the blatant swerve 'give me $50 m and i'll sign tomorrow' bollocks .

Sorry AJ I've supported you payed to see you live but I've got to say because of the unknown and balls involved I would much sooner see Tyson v Wilder than you fight a forty year old who has never won a world title.

P.S. Eddie my lad is turnig pro. soon and I will have him with you because I know he's little chance of being hurt.....that's of course good but even I would want him to fight the best ....this is why we do it!
                    So well said.. I used to be a huge AJ fan.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                      This is a good fight on paper, but this version of Fury isn't beating Wilder.
                      If Fury trains at high altitudes like said he is , to do so hes going to be ready and he is going to be elusive.. I think a champion knows what it takes to be ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X