Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Spence moves up to 154 woud you favor him to beat....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not really sold on Spence
    Need to see him a little more often and against someone his caliber
    Can he adapt to fighting a tall lanky fighter
    Would he be able to take that shot
    Not sure but he definitely has skills just needs to step up

Comment

He would definately be able to mix it up with all these fighters.
      Maybe he would take a loss, maybe not.
      Imo he wins them all but we don't know until he steps up and steps into the ring with these guys.
      He has un-finished business at 147 though so no need to mention these guys for another cpl of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
        right now, all of those guys would probably beat him. Spence still needs to prove himself at 147. His best win is a guy who got destroyed by GGG and went back down in weight and was drained, lets give Spence time before we start saying he'd be able to compete at 154. If Ali was still there then I'd say that'd be Spence's best chance.
        I think he should stay at 147 because he makes that weight with ease and all boxers should fight at their correct most effective weight. They should not make things harder for themselves by moving up to a weight class they don't belong in to fight men who are naturally bigger than they are. At welterweight I think Spence has convinced most fans if not you, that he is the best welterweight in the world. Match him into Thurman, Crawford or any other welterweight and see who is the betting favorite. I think it will be Spence. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Hilarious how you want to cherry pick those early catchweights as if a lot of those prospects don't have fights like that. How many times has he actually been over 150? I bet most were those 148-149 catchweights. I mean by that standard, what exactly is Keith Thurman? Fought plenty of those same types of catchweight fights and has been at WW longer. Is he a weight bully too?

Fought at JMW in the amateurs? Buddy 152 is the WW limit in the amateurs as the next lowest one is at 141.

Why should Spence be hitting 160? Has he ever missed weight at 147? And why would he leave that weight class without clearing it out or proving to be the top guy? You say he has fought nothing but bums, so why move up before proving himself?

See Spence and Charlo next to each other and tell me Spence should be hitting 160 already. What a stupid argument. So should Hurd be hitting 168 by now with his size?? Should Munguia be hitting 160 with his size?
          If you don't know if he's been over 150 or not, why are you sucking his dick so hard then? Get educated and use the tools available to at least show you're trying instead of cheerleading. Sign into boxrec and look at the weights.

Where are you getting this fantasy of young pro catch weights from? His 8th fight he weighed 148 and his opponent (Tavera) weighed 156, thats a JMW fight.

The Am's weights are relatively as well as recently different then they've traditionally been right now. When I fought JMW's weighed 156 with a 2lb leeway so you could be 154-158. You know dam well 99% of the 69kg class in the ams are at the limit or super close to it. Call it WW all you want but 152 is JMW in the pro's.

What does missing weight have to do with being a weight bully? Did you just start watching Boxing in the last five years? After being pro for 6 years, you move up. Refer to past fighters in history. The only guys that hang around one weight are scared to move up. Ward cried like a baby before he fought Kovalev.

Yes, he's fought practically all bums and nobody at WW wants to fight him. He's 28 man and got like 4-6 prime years left. His career is almost half way over never mind the late start so the clock is ticking and ticking fast. Might be a good idea to find an opponent instead of waiting around beating bums???

Why are you bringing Charlo into this? Spence is 5'10" and thats the ideal height for a JMW. Jermell is 2" taller (don't count the hair) and has 2" more reach and that's an astouding difference to you? Ok!

Hurd and Munguia are total weight bullies at that weight. Everybody is saying it, so why the hell is this news to you?

The other thread we replied to each other in, I asked you the same question three times before you could answer it. If anybody stupid it sure as fùck isn't me kid.
          Last edited by McNulty; 08-15-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
            Spence will be a dwarf in the 154lbs division. I mean the Charlos are 5'10/5'11" and not even the tallest.
            Hurd, Munguia and Castaño are at least 6' tall.

Bigger opponents mean he cant bully them as usual.
            Spence is 5′ 9½, hardly a dwarf

Comment

I think he beats Muniaga and Lara. I think Hurd would win by UD. I don't know about Castano. Charlo and Castano would be a pick em IMO.

Comment

This dude Spence has 1 decent opponent on his record and gave Floyd Mayweather tuff sparring, now all of a sudden he moves up and beats every1?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think he should stay at 147 because he makes that weight with ease and all boxers should fight at their correct most effective weight. They should not make things harder for themselves by moving up to a weight class they don't belong in to fight men who are naturally bigger than they are. At welterweight I think Spence has convinced most fans if not you, that he is the best welterweight in the world. Match him into Thurman, Crawford or any other welterweight and see who is the betting favorite. I think it will be Spence. MAN DOWN!
                  Yea no need to make things harder for yourself if you don't have to.

I know Spence passes the eye test, I'd just like to see it actually happen, but I agree, if they ever did, he'd be the betting favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
                    If you don't know if he's been over 150 or not, why are you sucking his dick so hard then? Get educated and use the tools available to at least show you're trying instead of cheerleading. Sign into boxrec and look at the weights.

Where are you getting this fantasy of young pro catch weights from? His 8th fight he weighed 148 and his opponent (Tavera) weighed 156, thats a JMW fight.

The Am's weights are relatively as well as recently different then they've traditionally been right now. When I fought JMW's weighed 154 with a 2lb leeway so you could be 152-156. You know dam well 99% of the 69kg class in the ams are at the limit or super close to it. Call it WW all you want but 152 is JMW in the pro's.

What does missing weight have to do with being a weight bully? Did you just start watching Boxing in the last five years? After being pro for 6 years, you move up. Refer to past fighters in history. The only guys that hang around one weight are scared to move up. Ward cried like a baby before he fought Kovalev.

Yes, he's fought practically all bums and nobody at WW wants to fight him. He's 28 man and got like 4-6 prime years left. His career is almost half way over never mind the late start so the clock is ticking and ticking fast. Might be a good idea to find an opponent instead of waiting around beating bums???

Why are you bringing Charlo into this? Spence is 5'10" and thats the ideal height for a JMW. Jermell is 2" taller (don't count the hair) and has 2" more reach and that's an astouding difference to you? Ok!

Hurd and Munguia are total weight bullies at that weight. Everybody is saying it, so why the hell is this news to you?

The other thread we replied to each other in, I asked you the same question three times before you could answer it. If anybody stupid it sure as fùck isn't me kid.
                    Get educated? Hilarious.

Spence has fought over 150 TWICE in his career. Where am I getting this fantasy of catchweights? Oh jeez, why won't you sign into boxrec and check for yourself with these young prospects. You are getting opponents on like two week notices. You have no choice but to go with catchweights. Heck, that was one of the reasons the Van Heerden fight was at a catchweight. Late notice and no way was he going to be able to make WW.

Um, I know 152s is JMW in the pros, but that is the WW limit in the amateurs. By your stupid logic, Golovkin fought at Super Middleweight in the amateurs and has been at 160 for 12 years as a pro. WHAT A WEIGHT BULLY!!!!!!!! Shawn Porter fought at Super Middleweight in the amateurs and is fighting at WW 10 years into his career. WHAT A WEIGHT BULLY!!!!!

So every fighter six years in should have been moved up already? Another moronic comment. Golovkin for one has been a MW for 12 years now, Thurman is a WW 10 years into his career, same with Porter, etc. If you can make the weight then you shouldn't move up until you prove you are the top dog period.

You said Spence should be at 160 already?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OvzDLw6paPM/maxresdefault.jpg

Jermell is at 154, and Jermall is at 160 and the Hill guy next to him is a JMW. Spence is clearly smaller than the two 154 pounders, and not even CLOSE to Jermall. But I mean you probably think Jermell should be a LHW by now since he started his career in 2007 huh?

And last time you had to ask me the same question three times? Be more clear next time. You bolded the whole damn sentence when all you had to do was bold the part about the live gate and merchandise. But like last time, I have no problem educating you. So if you have any more questions, just let me know!

Comment

I'd put Hurd as a firm favorite over him right now but think Spence would beat Munguia due to not being able to miss a punch.

Charlo would be a close, competitive fight but I think Spence would get the win same with a possible Castano fight. Lara of the Hurd fight and prior I'd pick due to style but he went through the meat grinder in that one. It's possible he left something in the ring that fight. Maybe that's 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                      X