Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Welcomes War With Canelo: He's NOT a Heavy Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is the same Clenelo that had a draw with Mayweather without ever hitting the G a y one.

I hope Golovkin goes to the body and delivers a "one nuke" to the liver

Comment

• Lets see GGG actually goes to the body. That might be the difference maker. But who knows.

Comment

• Complete bullshyt. GG definitely does NOT believe what he said there, as evidenced by the very cautious and measured way he fought Canelo.
        Having felt Canelo's power, I think GG will be even more cautious this time around, which I think is smart. If he doesn't open himself up too much, he might beat Canelo (again).

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Any powershot is easier to counter than a jab. Even though both fighters have good jabs, Golovkin's is both better, and he has a reach advantage.

Another large reason why Golovkin didn't throw a lot of body shots is because he got warned for hitting Canelo's side in round 2 or 3 (I forget). Due to Canelo's upper body movement, he knew he'd accidentally hit that a few times. He or Sanchez mentioned that after the fight, especially saying since it's in Vegas they did not want to take the risk.

Golovkin always jabs a lot. Him going away from body shots and jabbing more are two very separate issues.

Completely disagree. Golovkin was actively reluctant to attack Canelo on the ropes. That's not a points decision, that's a safety decision.

You have your opinion, others have theirs. Fights aren't scored by who missed most punches.
          Canelo didn't look hurt by the punches. (Which I can disagree with in a couple of vids) But in any case, neither was Golovkin. You're using different standards based on fighters' reputations.

I'd recommend you to watch the fight again, or an edited version of the fight that includes slow-motion. One of the biggest topics after the fight was that Golovkin didn't land many clean shots, which is 100% true. What goes unmentioned is that a huge number of Canelo's highlight reel looking shots either barely missed or were blocked.

When I saw the fight live, I thought it was very close and was cool with a draw. After watching a replay, and then especially catching some slow motion vids, Canelo was much less effective than I initially thought.
          So after watching it and analyzing like you say. How did you score the fight???

Comment

• Golovkin Welcomes War With Canelo: He's NOT a Heavy Puncher

more like.... Golovkin NEEDS a war, or the more skilled fighter will run away with it

Comment

• Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
              Lets see GGG actually goes to the body.
              Exactly. I know I was sitting there wondering where the body shots were - GGG needs to throw those body shots if Canelo supposedly has nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
                Cinnamon is a scared “beeotch” says the keyboard warrior. He’s so scared he’s fighting him for a second time. I think we know who the fanboy is
                Soma fightwr can’t be scared of getting knocked out and a person on a forum can’t comment? Fawking imbecile

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Complete bullshyt. GG definitely does NOT believe what he said there, as evidenced by the very cautious and measured way he fought Canelo.
                  Having felt Canelo's power, I think GG will be even more cautious this time around, which I think is smart. If he doesn't open himself up too much, he might beat Canelo (again).
                  So canelo on his Fawking bike all night wasn’t cautious? Canelo landed
                  More shots he bigger shots and sill lost and never came close to hurting ggg come on reds you know better than that

Comment

• I'm gonna call BS on this, cuz GGG sure was cautious in their first meeting. Compare his cautious approach to Canelo with his going street on Brook. Even though Brits still get a hard on when they continuously replay the big uppercut that Brook landed on GGG, GGG basically had no respect for Brook's power and just attacked attacked attacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      So canelo on his Fawking bike all night wasn’t cautious? Canelo landed
                      More shots he bigger shots and sill lost and never came close to hurting ggg come on reds you know better than that
                      Anyone who says Canelo "ran" is ignorant to the science and just parroting what Sanchez said. It's amazing how that guy can lie and hundreds of casuals start repeating it.

I think you're smart and you know Canelo's power is a threat. Why you have a hard time with that, I have no idea. It's easy to see that Golovkin fought cautiously. We can be honest and say GG is posturing here. Don't insult your own intelligence and just go along because you are devoted to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X