Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Wins Tough Decision Over Jesus Rojas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fighti s tomorrow on Facebook live if i'm not wrong, Rojas made weight easily and jo jo came overweight.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Any of you looking forward to this fight?

We need to get the mods to sticky dis hur

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        rojas is gonna mop the floor with him just watch save this post too
        Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
        Rojas has the goods! Packs power in both hands, He should've had a title shot against Santa Cruz already. He breaks fighters down. Honestly, If Jo-Jo was my fighter no way in hell i would put in their with Rojas. If you want to know who Rojas is check out his fights with:
        Rojas vs Arce, Rojas vs Lopez, Rojas vs Lara, Rojas vs Marrero.
        Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        Yes, this guy is underrated in the division, but he's definitely top 10. Fought 6 even rounds with Jorge Lara before the fight was stopped on a cut and has raffled off a string of impressive KO's since, including undefeated Abraham Lopez and top contender Claudio Marrero, who just KO'd Lara in 30 seconds his last time out. This will be a stiff test for JoJo, but a completely different one than GRJ was. Rojas is coming for war, JoJo is going to have to get back to boxing to win this one.
        Cheers lads. watched his fights with lopez and arce last night, he is a relentless little bastard isnt he? Still lean towards JoJo though, he was winning that GRJ fight until he gassed imo, and looked really good with those bodyshots, Rojas looked hurt to the body a couple of times agaisnt Lopez and got dropped by the tiny old arce....still will be suicide for diaz if he goes to war with him early, he has to box early, bodyshots then try take rojas out late imo.
        Either way cant wait for this fight...wonder what the odds are?

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
          This fighti s tomorrow on Facebook live if i'm not wrong, Rojas made weight easily and jo jo came overweight.
          Jo jo scurred already. Lol

Comment

Sucks JoJo didn't make weight (even after 2 hrs of trying).
            Rojas will take a beating tho.

Comment

I wonder if JoJo will move up to 130 after this

Comment

Jojo blew a huge opportunity. According to ESPN the WBA is saying the belt is not on the line and that Rojas will remain WBA champ win OR lose tonight. Jojo didn't look good at the weighin his face was so skeleton like. And it's not like he was overweight or heavy looking in the videos and interviews leading up.

And this comment from his Gomez makes me worried.

"We dealt with it for a couple of hours. He tried to lose the weight. Just a mess," Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez told ESPN. "He's at an age where his body's grown. The kid has hardly any fat on him. For two hours he tried everything. He went to the steam room, he did some jump-rope. He just couldn't shake it off. It's never good when that happens. Period."

His frame is so small already and he has no fat on him and he killed himself and still couldn't make weight. I think he moves to 130 win or lose tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  this is a 50/50 fight. I can see JoJo being too fast and skilled and winning a decision or Rojas who hits like a mule walking JoJo down and stopping him. Gun to my head I say JoJo more skilled finds a way to win it. I like both guys don't know who to root for here.
                  Faster and more skilled than Marrero? That dude is crazy quick. He also was a former olympian. His skillset is crazy high. I don't think at all that Jojo is faster or more skillful than Marrero.

The only way Rojas loses this is if he takes Jojo lightly but considering he's already been out for a year since Marrero, I doubt he's taking Jojo lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    Faster and more skilled than Marrero? That dude is crazy quick. He also was a former olympian. His skillset is crazy high. I don't think at all that Jojo is faster or more skillful than Marrero.

The only way Rojas loses this is if he takes Jojo lightly but considering he's already been out for a year since Marrero, I doubt he's taking Jojo lightly.
                    I said he's faster and more skilled... then Rojas! And jojo is a flat out better fighter then Marrero with a MUCH better chin. Rojas beat Marrero because his toughness and chin advantage not because he's more skilled. Rojas can easily win this fight he's a rough big puncher which is why I said it's 50/50. Or he can get outboxed and look slow all night it's a clash of styles. Rojas coming off 11 month layoff and Jojo might be compromised from trying to make weight. Can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      I said he's faster and more skilled... then Rojas! And jojo is a flat out better fighter then Marrero with a MUCH better chin. Rojas beat Marrero because his toughness and chin advantage not because he's more skilled. Rojas can easily win this fight he's a rough big puncher which is why I said it's 50/50. Or he can get outboxed and look slow all night it's a clash of styles. Rojas coming off 11 month layoff and Jojo might be compromised from trying to make weight. Can't wait for this fight.
                      I got what you said. I just threw in my comparison saying, is Jojo faster and more skillful when compared to Marrero? I'm using that as a gauge because if Rojas was able to handle that, he should be able to handle the speed/skill of Jojo. With that said, the weight could either help or hurt Jojo.

Regardless, the style of both should make this an awesome fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X