No announcement yet.

Saunders vs Andrade at the TD Garden in Boston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saunders vs Andrade at the TD Garden in Boston

Great fight. Gonna be a lot of empty seats.

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Great fight. Gonna be a lot of empty seats.
    It’s not far from me.. wonder how much tix will be.?!

Comment

Neither man has fought a professional fight in Boston or the state of Massachusetts and the city isn't known at all for its boxing events. Awful choice by a promoter who doesn't understand the market, should've put the fight on in New York.

Comment

is hearn the promoter? wouldnt surprise me the guy cant promote for shlt in america

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
          Neither man has fought a professional fight in Boston or the state of Massachusetts and the city isn't known at all for its boxing events. Awful choice by a promoter who doesn't understand the market, should've put the fight on in New York.

Andrade is from the New England area (Rhode Island) so they're probably banking on that.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            It’s not far from me.. wonder how much tix will be.?!
            I have no clue.....

Comment

What is the date on this one? I love Boston but not sure how well this fight does there.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post

They were very clear that there strategy is to move around the country and try numerous cities even if some are smaller take ups to begin with. Ok surprised Americans are always so critical of this you would think people would like this idea

Comment

off the top off my head i cant remember really the last halfway decent fight that was in boston

i remember degale/dirrell was there....and they had to have it at agganis arena...which holds about 7k and is a BU venue.......remember hatton fought collazo at the garden many years ago ahead of fighting floyd....cant think of the last good fight at the garden

Comment

Hmm very similar to the UFC strategy of going to smaller cities to build a grassroots fanbase. It worked for the UFC, but Hearn is going to have to be consistent to make this work for DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                    X