Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whyte vs Parker PPV numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the best £20 I've spent for a while. The card was great (and the outcome sensational). Pity Brook was injured but Dave Allen. Pubs pay massive fees for PPV fights, not everybody pays £20. So Whyte is set up for life. Or he could have earned buttons fighting Pulev in Bulgaria or Ortiz to get a crack at Wilder in 2037. No brainer, especially as he is destined to fight AJ in a UK mega fight anyway (who will probably have all the belts by then).

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      I like to deal with net, folks.
      55% of the PPV goes to the cable companies.

19.95 British Sterling = @$26 US
      26 x 474 = @12.3M US
      12.3 x .45 = @ 5.5M US

The biggest NZ PPV did about 80K buys. I am not sure AJ vs Parker did that and I am pretty certain Parker vs Whyte did significantly less than that. After all, AJ V Parker had over 3x the buys that Parker Whyte did.

So, being generous and saying 30K NZ buys, we get about 1.5M NZ. But, NZ dollars are worth less than US ones. So, the US amount is about another million. Less the 55%, and the New Zealand PPV amount is less than half a million, about 450K.

So, the net from both UK and NZ PPV is about 6 million. That's what they used to pay everyone, not just Parker and Whyte.

No US TV so no US TV rights money.

6 million.
      How much did Whyte make according to your calculations then?

Comment

Plus, they both should slip the ref a few quid for the dopey headclash "knockdown" because it just shouts lucrative rematch.

Comment

Not really getting the hate. I initially didn't want to buy this but as usual eventually stumped up the cash as I also had mates heading over - none of us regret watching it.

I think the American critics here are failing to understand that it's not just the headline fight - the actual card was good and it's not the first time. Compare this to your standard 3 fight Showtime/HBO card, where the majority of the time absolute nobodies fighting in front of no one, no atmosphere until the main fighters are about to ring walk. It's night and day.

Even if you hate/don't rate Whyte, Chisora, Parker etc there is no genuine boxing who would have been bored or disappointed watching those fights live.

But as this is a Hearn card and features no Americans it must be terrible zzzzzzzz.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
            It was the best £20 I've spent for a while. The card was great (and the outcome sensational). Pity Brook was injured but Dave Allen. Pubs pay massive fees for PPV fights, not everybody pays £20. So Whyte is set up for life. Or he could have earned buttons fighting Pulev in Bulgaria or Ortiz to get a crack at Wilder in 2037. No brainer, especially as he is destined to fight AJ in a UK mega fight anyway (who will probably have all the belts by then).
            Whyte set up for life? How much did he make then?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Whyte set up for life? How much did he make then?
              £7,123,456.78. I asked him.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
                £7,123,456.78. I asked him.
                I did also expect you to talk out of your arse. Thx for confirming.

Comment

sounds like good numbers. that's a positive for UK boxing in particular, and the global scene in general

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                    we get lots of "your" PPV's for free in the UK, does that mean fighters like Manny Pacquiao and Roy Jones Jr were bums during their prime?

Occasionally we're asked to pay to see some of our own fighters, but the events are available to illegally stream each time anyway.
                    Cause of the time difference you nutcase. If Manny Pacquiao or RJJ ever fought in the UK during their primes they would be on PPV 100%. Pacquiao has fought on PPV over here many times, and that’s more than fair cause he’s an elite level fighter who was in relevant fights against other elite guys like Floyd, Marquez, Hatton etc.

The point remains the same, a fight like Whyte-Parker is NOT PPV quality, in terms of the fights meaning, relevance, quality of the fighters involved etc. If idiots are willing to pay for it, it’s their own money they’re wasting. But it’s a pretty bad look for British boxing when we’re having to pay to watch B/C level fighters whilst elite level guys like Mikey aren’t even being televised over here.

Last Saturday is another example of how bad boxing is over here.
                    HBO showed- Kovalev-Alvarez, Bivol-Chilemba
                    PBC on Fox(I think) showed- Berto-Alexander, Quillin-Love, Collazo-Perrella, Lipinets-Bone etc
                    Whilst sky sports showed Joe Cordina vs Masher Dodd😂😂
                    And people actually pay a sky subscription to watch this dross.
                    Says it all...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I did also expect you to talk out of your arse. Thx for confirming.
                      If you ask ****** questions, what do you expect? You didn't respond to a single point i made. Knob.

Comment

Working...
                      X