Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whyte vs Parker PPV numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

474K buys comes out to about 5.5M US. That plus the gate means a pretty decent payday but nothing Wilder or Fury haven't seen before. I think what this means is that a Wilder vs Fury fight, even if it airs in the wee hours, is going to do MUCH better than some folks think.

Fury is a lot more popular in Britain than Whyte or Parker. And Wilder is very well known as well.
    Last edited by koolkc107; 08-07-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      474K buys comes out to about 5.5M US. That plus the gate means a pretty decent payday but nothing Wilder or Fury haven't seen before. I think what this means is that a Wilder vs Fury fight, even if it airs in the wee hours, is going to do MUCH better than some folks think.

Fury is a lot more popular in Britain than Whyte or Parker. And Wilder is very well known as well.
      It actually comes out to $12.3M USD, but carry on!

Comment

474K UK PPV buys comes out to around 9.45M GBP or 12.25M USD. Add in gate and NZ PPV and it's over $15M, or over $7.5M pot. Whyte and Parker probably shared $5M, Chisora and Takam $1M and the rest for the undercards. Hearn said Dave Allen made enough to buy a new house. Not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          If you weren't a cheerleading fanboy of some kind why take the time to make a post about cheerleading on a subject you dont care about?

Its not about someones money either its gauging how an event is doing ,its called supporting boxing ,its probably a difficult concept for many on here !
          I posted in hopes of the OP seeing how dumb it looks to cheerlead for another man's money. Looks juvenile as heck, if not feminine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyman View Post
            What possible reason do you think Sky has for faking the numbers?
            Because they're all in with the Hearns/Matchroom? Are you telling me you believe these people to be straight down the line and honest with this stuff? Behind the scenes they know what they class as the PPV being a success, only a moron would believe they'd release the actual figures.

Comment

Wow that proves Wilder is a nobody, sad.

Comment

dillian whyte is box office boxing. lets see if wilder steps up to the a-side

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                  It actually comes out to $12.3M USD, but carry on!
                  Originally posted by nixxter View Post
                  474K UK PPV buys comes out to around 9.45M GBP or 12.25M USD. Add in gate and NZ PPV and it's over $15M, or over $7.5M pot. Whyte and Parker probably shared $5M, Chisora and Takam $1M and the rest for the undercards. Hearn said Dave Allen made enough to buy a new house. Not bad at all.
                  I like to deal with net, folks.
                  55% of the PPV goes to the cable companies.

19.95 British Sterling = @$26 US
                  26 x 474 = @12.3M US
                  12.3 x .45 = @ 5.5M US

The biggest NZ PPV did about 80K buys. I am not sure AJ vs Parker did that and I am pretty certain Parker vs Whyte did significantly less than that. After all, AJ V Parker had over 3x the buys that Parker Whyte did.

So, being generous and saying 30K NZ buys, we get about 1.5M NZ. But, NZ dollars are worth less than US ones. So, the US amount is about another million. Less the 55%, and the New Zealand PPV amount is less than half a million, about 450K.

So, the net from both UK and NZ PPV is about 6 million. That's what they used to pay everyone, not just Parker and Whyte.

No US TV so no US TV rights money.

6 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyman View Post
                    The Whyte vs Parker fight did more than 400K buys.

28 July 2018 Dillian Whyte vs. Joseph Parker SkySportsBoxOfficeLogo.png 474,000 [190][191]

This means that Whyte and Hearn are laughing all the way to the bank and Whyte probably has now earned more than Wilder in his last 3 fights combined.

Think about that for a moment.
                    So what? Wilder is the undefeated WBC world champ and Whyte is champion of nothing and has been KOed by AJ. If Wilder gets the Fury fight he might make more money for that fight than Whyte has ever received for any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      So what? Wilder is the undefeated WBC world champ and Whyte is champion of nothing and has been KOed by AJ. If Wilder gets the Fury fight he might make more money for that fight than Whyte has ever received for any fight.
                      As he should.

The fact that he hasn't yet comes down to bad management and unfortunate luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X