Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FACTS] Wilder Doing what Pacquiao Couldn't From 09-11: Call Out The King!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    When Pacquiao’s contract with arum was briefly over in 2011 he sent Koncz to Mayweather’s gym to seriously negotiate. But instead of negotiating Floyd offered them a flat fee of 40 million which was considered a deal breaker at that time.

Pacquiao agreed to the testing in 2011. He wasn’t signed by Arum when he sent Koncz.
    Those were 2 things floyd was asking and he got it. Still no fight.

Now fast forward 6 yrs later.
    Floyd is okay with 60-40 and not asking a flat fee.
    He’s also okay working with Arum.

So go figure.
    No he didn't.

But, he and Arum did reveal exactly how full of shyt they were about actually making the fight with random testing. Reading what they said back then is hilarious now. But, apparently it was enough for Pac fans to swallow and believe to this very day.

Here's what they agreed to (bolded mine for emphasis):

The much-anticipated super-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jnr has taken a significant step closer after Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, said his charge is willing to agree to random drug testing - but not by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Negotiations have previously collapsed over the timing of sampling, with Pacquiao refusing to accept Mayweather's demands of Olympic-style probes right up until fight night.

But while Arum's revelation does fuel hopes of a bout materialising, the situation is clouded by Pacquiao's decision to file a defamation lawsuit against Mayweather, which has done nothing to quell the animosity between the camps.

"We have agreed in the Pacquiao camp to unlimited random testing done by a responsible Olympic Organization, neutral organization," Arum told Yahoo. "We don't believe USADA is a neutral organization.

"I don't think anybody's test is as vigorous as the test administered by the. And we can arrange for the Olympic Organization to handle the test under the supervision of the Athletic commission respective of the state where the fight is going to be held.

"We're not going to make this into a cowboy situation. We have an organization that has no authority [USADA] and even does it [blood testing] without reporting to an organization that is responsible for the conduct of the fight.

"We are focusing on Pacquiao v Marquez fight [on November 12]. And if Pacquiao beats Marquez again and then if Mayweather says he's agreeable to us, then we can have the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight next year."

http://en.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/100115.html

Now, I really should have to explain how full of shyt this answer is, do I? They say they don't want USADA to do the testing but instead want it done by an "Olympic Organization". Reasonable, right? Except the "Olympic Organization" would almost certainly be USADA. So, either Arum is stupid and clueless about the nuts and bolts of random blood testing in the US, or he does know and is being purposely obtuse.

Either way, this is not agreeing to testing. This is seeming to agree while not changing one's position at all.
    Last edited by koolkc107; 09-03-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

LMFAO Wilder and Fury put together is nowhere near Pacquiao in all and any categories

Comment

Why would pac call out himself? Pac is the king and no. 1 lb4lb that time.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
          Which one has won fighter of the year more times ?
          Which one had more upset wins or historical wins ?
          Don't forget the FIGHTER OF THE DECADE that make floyd go mad and racist towards pac. lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            I've long been a critic of Wilder for several reasons on NSB:

He's severely flawed
            He had beaten no one (prior to the Povetkin talks and the Ortiz fight)

But I always maintained that he was an exciting fighter because he brings excitement to the ring, and the combination of his power, flaws, and mouth make him fun to watch.

By calling out Fury, Wilders stock goes up in my book - this is what we all wanted Pacmonster to do in 09, call out Floyd, and it NEVER HAPPENED, the fight happened but not when it really should have, and this is Pacquiaos fault for ducking the #1 in the division and kingpin.

Wilder deserves props for giving us this version of our superfight, for not robbing us. Do it for yourself, to prove yourself! To be the best you have to beat the best! For boxing, for the fans, for your pride, for everything dear to you.

Ali/Frasier
            Hearns/Haggler
            Trinidad/ODLH
            Corrales/Castillo
            Pacquiao/JMM
            Pacquiao/Mayweather
            Kovalev/Ward
            Roman/Rungvisai
            Wilder/Fury

LMAO: it was Floyd who ducked and delayed all those years, NOT Manny.

Wilder didn’t fight Povetkin.

Fury is fat and slow, and has had 2 glorified sparring sessions against nobodies in 3 years.

Wilder avoided engaging in any serious efforts to make the fight with Joshua.

Wilder wanted nothing to do with Whyte.

Worst post ever. Giving Wilder props for taking about fighting Povetkin lol.

What next, he gets credit for driving the same type of car as Ali ?

Comment

for some reason you were able to include Pacquiao into a topic relating to wilder and fury just to bash him lol

damn man you are obsessed.

Comment

WAR FURY! WAR Mayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  Wilder signed to fight Povetkin, and it was not his fault it didn't happen. You have to be a total idiot to think that.

It was Wlad that made that decision to fight AJ instead of Wilder after sparring both. Figure it out. Wlad was off for a year and a half, was 41, and coming off a horrible defeat where both guys looked like dog crap.

I laugh at all the UK fans agreeing with Hearn saying know one knows who Wilder is. If they know AJ, they know Wilder. All this damage control BS is laughable.
                  Klitschko chose to fight AJ because he was scared of Wilder? That's it, I've heard it all now. What a load of absolute bollócks.

Comment

great connection, chap

Don't worry, no one sees the hate, keep it up

Comment

You lost me when you called Wilder vs Fury a "super fight"

Comment

Working...
                      X