Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets hope he listens to the retirement talk, unlike you, RJJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww.702 View Post
      Very unfortunate to hear Roy give up on someone who was in a clear decisive lead up until that thunderous right hand. Kovalev lost to an undefeated fighter and there’s no shame in that. I think he beats a slower Bivol still but he certainly has to regroup. By Roy’s account, Roy should’ve called his career finished after the KO to Tarver but didn’t and neither should Kovalev.
      I stopped listening to Roy a few years ago. Did the same for B-Hop too when he made the comment about being happy that he ruined Pavlik's life. Both are always saying things that give you the impression that they're bitter/jealous of the younger guys.

Kovalev can bounce back, but that's on him.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        Many of us don’t like Jones because he is biased! I hear it from him all the time , pulling for one fighter then gets real quite when his man gets Whupped! His man was getting Whupped last evening the Boom !

Yore Mang won! Not everyone can be like Rocky Marciano, fight all comers and never lose. I well remember when what’s his name cool cold ****ed yo jaw and layed you out like a pancake, Oh wait that happened more than once.

Since you know dawgs you know they are supposed to get more intense not go down in the first round like you did.

However I believe you are right about the Krusher. He didn’t look right in the fight like the old days. Old man time whupps us ALLLLLL ME AND YOU JONES!!!

You Live By the Sword YOU DIE BY IT!!

Hope the best for the Krusher!!!
        I disagree, Roy called it early that Kov was throwing himself out in that 4th round and getting gassed, he also stated that he wanted to see if Kov could recoup from getting stunned or caught. He couldn't!

Comment

Kovalev has a rematch clause.. he must take it.. HBO won’t be interested in any other fight.. he will likely take a beating similar to what chocolatito took in his rematch vs Sor Rungvisai

Comment

That's true, unfortunately...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Kov deserves credit for some tough wins. Going to England for short money and winning. Imo he won the 1st Ward fight. I think he just needed to humble himself by accepting jackon’s criticism and working to improve in those areas.

He can fight again but I think Ward established the way you beat kov so maybe get a farewell fight and call it quits.
              Agree, I´d say rematch vs Alvarez. Give it absolute 100% and then retire, win or lose.

Comment

The same Roy Jones that got banged by enzo Mac telling people when they are done

Classic

Comment

Lol ok Roy, you're one to talk .

Kovalev was in full control before getting hammered in the 7th. He could pull off the rematch if his confidence isn't absolutely shot after this.

Comment

Lol Roy is funny. Yes Kov is done. He should take his own advice.

Comment

Kovalev is only done if he don’t get his $h*t together. He needs to be in shape to fight 15 rounds. He needs to strengthen his core. He needs to keep his fkn hands up.

Comment

Working...
                      X