Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev's demise in the Ward fights was due to Wards head & legit body shots that wore him down. Once he gassed Andre finished him off with a solid right to the head & legal BELT line shots. Low blow at the end didnt have much on it & Kov was already done before that. I do believe the 1st & 2nd fights with Andre did contribute to current shaky chin. Some fighters just don't have the resolve to come back from bad KO's, Roy Jones & Fernando Vargas come to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOfGlory View Post
      Don't insult us by calling this FOB invading tourist from Colombia a "Canadian".
      Nope all glory to Colombia

Fuuck Canada pendejo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
        But when his former trainer pointed out all these things, and Kov's aversion to training properly, y'all all beat the messenger. Y'all played the "loyalty" card instead of respecting that the man was speaking professionally about the problems he was having in getting the Kov to train proper and have the proper attitude. Y'all beat down the trainer, who was publicly trying to give Kovy a message ...

Anyway, Kovalev doesn't have to be done. He's met someone else who was better this night. It happens, but if he wants he can get back.
        Who is Ya'll? Are you assuming I'm "Ya'll"? Surely you're not mistaking me for Ya'll?

Kovalev doesn't HAVE to be done, but if he lacks the drive and motivation to put in the hard work of optimizing his stamina, then he'll always be hindered in competing successfully at the highest level, especially at his age. He's already shown the lack of will to do what it takes to be at his best.

Comment

• Hahahahaha

Someone put that nazi Kingofglory on suicide watch.

Comment

• I'm surprised but that's boxing and why I love the sport. People saying Kovalev is done are ignorant. He was in control and winning. He just got caught. I had him up 5-1 and he had hurt Alvarez several times in the fight. No reason to write him off before the dust even settles. Stop acting like Alvarez dominated or something.

That said, Alvarez weathered the storm and landed the right shot and followed up exactly as he should have. I hope he makes a lot more money now and I hope he has enough honor to give Kovalev a rematch.

Comment

• Damn yo!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Krusher has always been a hype job.
                Great Light Heavy my azz!

When he stepped up with Ward and Alverez he gets beat, this time stopped brutally!

Ray
                Showing you're an idiot once again.

Dummy

Comment

• Was not expecting that at all, in my book it was a points win for Álvarez or a T/KO for Kovalev (and KO for Kovalev was my vote). This is why I love boxing! Terrific fight!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by alfred64 View Post
                    Kovalev's demise in the Ward fights was due to Wards head & legit body shots that wore him down. Once he gassed Andre finished him off with a solid right to the head & legal BELT line shots. Low blow at the end didnt have much on it & Kov was already done before that. I do believe the 1st & 2nd fights with Andre did contribute to current shaky chin. Some fighters just don't have the resolve to come back from bad KO's, Roy Jones & Fernando Vargas come to mind.

--- Ward was modern American fraud now on blatant display in the US and Internationally.

Kov actually wanted and did fight the best and always giving up home advantage. Duva should have brokered a better deal than the piffle Kov got.

Kov does bear some blame for becoming self trained much like Don Curry's demise as he got yanked around by Leonard, another fighter succumbing to fraud by his end.

Comment

• I dont think any fighter in history will ever emulate Floyd's earnings (adjusted for inflation). I do feel that many fighters in history deserved those huge purses much more than Floyd. Andre alone participating in & winning a loaded super six tournament, handing Dawson his 2nd defeat & stopping him for the first time, negotiating to fight a prime feared GGG when others were avoiding him & finally moving up in weight to take on anther feared fighter in Kovalev. This is more than Mayweather ever accomplished in his career, why? Because Andre could have lost badly in some of these fights but he dared to be great & won. So I get when fans say that Andre just never caught on with the public who prefers and pays for Floyds family drama while insulting truly all time great fighters & waiting out or completly avoiding his toughest competition. Imagine the Warriors playing the 5th best team in the NBA finals or the NFL doing the same in the Superbowl? Why do boxing fans put up with this b.s. while making guys like Floyd filthy rich?

Comment

Working...
                      X