Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
    Gotta love Ward's win that is the gift that keeps giving.
    The Ward KO win did not ruin Kova.
    Lord, that's like saying JMM's KO of Pac ruined Pac for Floyd.
    No, it's even more funny when Floyd fans say that floyd ruined Manny as if he hadn't already been in about 10 wars and been knocked unconscious. Getting hit 100 times did him in though lol...

Comment

• Kovalev once said that all fighters out of Canada were terrible.

Well, his career just got short-circuited by a fighter out of Montreal.

Can't see him wanting that rematch -- he threw everything he had at Alvarez and got knocked out. It will likely get worse next time.

Kathy Duva has another bad night. Bivol didn't really impress as advertised either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Yep. He'll be to hesitant the second fight and it'll end the same
        He would have to find a way to slow Alvarez down some and if he couldn't do it tonight I wouldn't bet on it...but who knows maybe he took him lightly and it was all over after that.

Alvarez's movement was great, Kov couldn't really get comfortable and tee off on him. I felt a shot like that was coming

Comment

• Why the f-ck are so many people talking about ward? Those fights are history. Alvarez knocking kov out doesn’t lessen Ward’s win in the last fight. It’s sad to see posters so upset that a guy they like gets ktfo that they have to use the loss as an opportunity to complain about old sh-t.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Kovalev has been tko’ed by 2 guys who aren’t big punchers, Ward and Alvarez.
            He didn't really fight any big punchers. Chilemba, Pascal, Hopkins, Caparello., none of them are huge punchers. I think Stevenson would have knocked out Kovalev if they had fought 5 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
              Lol but dude - he didn't even get hit on the chin by Alvarez, it was the side/back of the head. Clean but not on the chin.

He got dropped (and hurt by Ward on that shot) because he didn't see either shot coming.

Come on bro that is a stretch to say one shot from Ward (who is not a puncher himself) ruined a guy's chin lol
              Not saying it’s just one shot from Ward, I’m saying it’s a game of attrition and two fights against Ward will subtract some years off your career, as fighting Hopkins also would when he was younger.

People put too much emphasis on “Big Punchers” but if you study the sport empirically, it’s the attrition fighters who are always the bonafide best.

Hagler, Ward, Hopkins, Calzaghe, ect ect

Comment

• Wow just wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  And once again thank you
                  Your awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    ward isn't a great boxer. not at all. thats why he always resorted to fouling against tough competition but not when he fought guys like paul smith or brand. he didnt have to cheat against those guys but when someone was putting him under pressure or giving him problems he had that safety valve of being able to wrestle and clinch nonstop. alvarez probably can't do that and some people would say those illegal tactics are skills and maybe they are but they arent legit boxing skills. in pure boxing skills alvarez might be better but in the sport of boxing ith the politics behind ward no he isnt as skilled.
                    You get it my friend well said...objectively Alvarez is faster, quicker, better jab, bigger, and stronger than Ward. Really no arguing those traits.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfred64 View Post
                      I had a feeling Alvarez would ko Kovalev tonight. Tried to lay $100 bet but couldnt make deposit on sportsbet site, government makes it too difficult now a days. I saw Alvarez speed, power & desire against Bute & along with Kovalev’s age & being a bit diminished after Ward fights I gave Alvarez a shot at upset. I think Ward was the better fighter of the two, I gave him 1st fight by a point & thought he would have won rematch based on Sergio gassing & right hand from Ward that started tko loss even without low blows which I thought were on belt line except maybe last shot which did not look that hard to me.
                      well i dont think the power of a low blow really matters that much because its illegal either way but that was one hell of a low blow. ward wound up in an uppercut motion and hit him square in the nuts full force. you have iron balls

Comment

Working...
                      X