Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    I had Kovalev up but it was super close. Alvarez really turned it up, I thought his lunch volume was a little low. He seemed to start throwing much more than just the jab in that round before the big shot.
    i aint got a problem with 3-3 or 4-2 but 5-1 was crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      I had Kovalev up but it was super close. Alvarez really turned it up, I thought his lunch volume was a little low. He seemed to start throwing much more than just the jab in that round before the big shot.
      was probably their strategy

Comment

• Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
        Kovalev crying as the doctors check him
        Was he really crying?

Comment

• Kovalev has serious stamina issues. He was fading fast. Hate to be one of those "I saw it coming" guys, but the way he was fading, seemed anyone could see the knockout was on its way.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            Alverez could of never had a performance like that against Kov had it not been for Ward softening him up.
            Dude I just don't get why Ward gets hyped so much...if you want to back a black fighter back someone like Alvarez, he deserves it.

I think the first Ward fight did ruin Kov really - but only because he reached the pinnacle of his career, clearly won the fight against someone assumed to be his equal, and they robbed him. He never mentally recovered from that. He should have realized life wasn't fair and come back stronger but he didn't.

Comment

• I saw Alvarez in his fight before this and thought that guy might be better than either Ward or Kov. The guy is legit. Great jab, excellent chin, good movement and he has some pop.

Comment

• I guess it's good he never fought Adonis and Artur. Beterbiev needs to get in the mix asap

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                  Lol @ nerds like matheds and duggum god in kovalov getting his shh*t pushed back. Kovalov gave up and quit just like he did with ward once he realized someone is standing up to him, If u are scared of kovalov he will always take u out but if u stand up to him his nature is to always run and quit lol daggum and mathed are the only ones who believe kovalov is some lion Who was just cheated by ward. No kovalov nature is to quiiiiiit when u stand up to him give up mentally.......hahahaha
                  Yeah, too bad had he not gotten the KO, he would have his schit pushed in with a 10-2 UD loss. Nice revisionist history, without his KO, he gets ****d on the cards. HBO was all on Alvarez' nuts in rds 1-3, then they forgot he was fighting because that's what they do to play tools like you like a fiddle.

Comment

• Sadly it is time for Kovalev to hang them up. Nobody will give him a second chance now.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X