Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Mmm! I wonder what the excuse will be now?
    He’ll probably retire and say it’s because of the damage Ward did to his testicules, he can no longer be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
      Kovalev is just too lazy . He just does not train all that hard anymore.
      Lord, he was gassing out early . Did not press when he had Alvarez hurt b/c he was gassing out already.
      Got lazy and had his hands down so often .
      That's his Achilles heel. His stamina is not particularly good. He was badly winded when he hurt Alvarez, so he had to take his foot of the gas.

Comment

• I think this might have been Alvarez' strategy.

Get him used to only seeing the jab.

After Kovalev felt comfortable that nothing was coming after the jab, whack him with the right hand.

It was so unexpected I have to assume that it was/is the case.

Comment

• Still picking my jaw up off the floor. Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            If he wasn't before....he may be heading that way.

On the other hand..That was a helluva clean, hard punch that he was hit with.
            Yea man I don’t think he’s chinny (he may be now after that) but that was a perfect temple shot. Never got his legs back and still had 2 mins in the round.

Kovalev....never tried to hold or move around. Just stood there getting thumped on. Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Round 1 was Kovalev. 2-3 Alvarez. 4-6 Kovalev.

Kovalev was hurting him in 4-6.

But tremendous right hand. Well done, contrats Alvarez.
              Never saw him saw Alvarez hurt. He was hitting him hard but he was taking it well. Then Alvarez turned it up and BAM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                All fan boy bullshit aside, I hope the LHWs will fight each other now. Watch Adonis start calling Kovalev out now.
                Lol well I see why Adonis didn't really want to fight Alvarez...he is all business and a good tough fighter. Credit to him for the win and for Kov for taking the fight.

But yeah it always sucks when the top guys in these divisions don't fight, it's awful

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  That's his Achilles heel. His stamina is not particularly good. He was badly winded when he hurt Alvarez, so he had to take his foot of the gas.
                  The cigarettes and alcohol can't be blamed on David Jackson.

Ward tried to tell him.

Comment

• Just a new ERA in the Light Heavyweight Division: Alvarez, Bivol, Artur Beterbiev, Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Kovalev had a fine career

Comment

• Why do guys say **** like "Alvarez isn't even a power puncher"?

If a 10 yr old girl hits you flush on the chin you're going down and possibly not getting back up. Power matters when you're trying to beat a guy into quitting with partially blocked shots or to the body etc. It doesn't mean **** when you land flush.

Comment

Working...
                      X