Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    Doubtful. Stevenson ducked Kovalev and refused to fight Alvarez before he showed such devastating KO power. No way he faces him now.
    Stevenson knew Alvarez would whoop him he wanted no part of him, Alvarez is the real deal.

Kovalev found that out the hard way.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Stevenson knew Alvarez would whoop him he wanted no part of him, Alvarez is the real deal.

Kovalev found that out the hard way.
      This is no different to Hamed ducking Juan Manuel Marquez when WBO Champ

Comment

• Savage

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
            My man, you’re not a real DSGB. You’re probably from Gwinnett or Douglasville
            no sir not me im not from weak ass gwinnet or douglasville i'm a REAL one from the 706

Comment

• Originally posted by rudy View Post
              This is no different to Hamed ducking Juan Manuel Marquez when WBO Champ
              Yup Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Savage

Great fight from both guys but that finish from Alvarez was a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Great fight! I had Kovalev 5-1 before the knockout. Big mistake for Kovalev to burst it down early in just 4th round, not good at his age, he lost so much stamina after that round. He needs to pace himself to stay at the top.

Overall good performance by Alvarez but not exactly impressed by him, especially in the first 6 rounds. Still a great TKO win by him

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    Savage

This was so epic. I was going for Kov, but Alvarez deserves all the credit for his win. He earned himself a new fan and I will be rooting for him in his next fight regardless of who the opponent is.

Comment

• Wow. Last time I checked before the fight almost NO ONE had Alvarez by stoppage. Look at it now.

IMO I think Kovalev underestimated Alvarez, and I don't see Kovalev winning a rematch unless he can make some major adjustments to not get hit(his punch resistance has obviously declined). He was fighting at range too much against someone with a significant reach advantage(who actually utilized it) and it showed. His brain was already rattled before that overhand bomb landed, that just sealed his fate.

Comment

Working...
                      X