Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    Because they are insecure.

If I’m a Ward guy it is a simple argument. I go with Ward proved he was the better fighter than K over two fights and he was the champion. Leave it at that. But nope they try and diminish K now because they know that tonight’s performance by Alaverz was clearly more dominant than what Ward did. And God forbid just maybe Alvarez has been the best 175lbs fighter since K vs Ward 1.

I don’t know if that is the case but i know when I saw Alvarez fight the last time before this fight I said damn this guy might be better than either Ward or K, and IMO tonight he proved he would have been vs. K. Just my opinion of course.
    Ward sent Kovalev to a monastery in the mountains in search of himself.

Comment

• Time to take his drunk ass back to Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
        Lol but dude - he didn't even get hit on the chin by Alvarez, it was the side/back of the head. Clean but not on the chin
        Wait, the guy lands his right hand in front of Kovs ear on the cheek and you say that it was on the "side"..ok, then you say the "back" of the head. Then you say it was clean, lmao. Come on alt, lmao...!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lol. What is the American black privilege again? Maybe your true account can answer since this alt didn't lmao. You're true account I don't the one who agreed with you lol.

Comment

• Andre Ward wrecked Sergey "Ketel One" Kovalev! Sergey has been a racist bully and now the cat's out the bag on him. No longer a boggey man!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
            Ward better jab defense counter punching in fighting body punching than Alvarez.What can Alvarez do better than Ward.
            I think Alvarez is a better version of Ward. Ward and Alvarez fight more or less the same way. But if you watched the fight tonight, and the fights with Ward/Kov, and you honestly feel Ward has a better jab, defense, and countering than Alvarez, I mean I don't know what to say. Kov looked way more comfortable against Ward than he did tonight.

Alvarez was more impressive on jab/movement/countering/defense tonight than anything I've ever seen from Ward (and I've watched about 15 of his fights).

Ward is a very good dirty fighter. And I don't really say that as a slight. But he does all the things you aren't supposed to do - bend at the waist, elbows, headbutts, lowblows (against Kov anyway). He is a smart tough guy, who does what he can to win.

Unfortunately since he is a (black) American he has been able to bend the rules his whole career and has gotten away with his bending the rules despite his lack of elite talent.

I don't say that either in a racial way, just a matter of fact way - I think he was supposed to be the next Mayweather and they wanted white people to tune in to see him get his first loss. Floyd made a lot of people in boxing a lot of money. But for whatever reason he never caught on like Floyd.

I think Chilemba did better against Kov than Ward did the first fight. Ward showed virtually no separation from Sullivan Barerra in their fight. I mention those two fights to point out that it is not about race to me. I just genuinely think Ward has been hyped up way beyond his abilities, and has benefitted from being the 'home' fighter in all of his fights.

But objectively - Alvarez is bigger, stronger, quicker, faster (definitely footwork wise). His presence was much more imposing to me in there than anything Ward showed against Kov.

I have not seen a ton of Alvarez in other fights. But comparing just their fights against Kov - I would say Alvarez has a better (stronger) jab, bigger puncher overall, defense is similar to Ward (both good but not perfect), countering similar, but edge to Alvarez because of his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
              People are giving Alvarez credit actually...they are saying this was a legit win. The people who hate on Kov are the main ones bringing up Ward.
              I’ve pretty much ignored the idiotic bullshi.t you’ve littered this thread with. No one hates Kovalev. Ward exposed him as a mental midget. And it’s pretty clear to everyone that doesn’t hate Ward and/or have a love affair with Kovalev. Kovalev is an extremely talented guy. IMO most people don’t appreciate how good he is. He was always compared to GGG. IMO Kovalev is a more talented fighter than GGG. And if he had GGG’s heart, will, and chin, he’d be damn near unbeatable. But people like you are pathetic. Still crying about the Ward fights. Let it go. Kovalev lost a questionable decision in he first fight. And came back and got his ass handed to him in the rematch. You’re not gonna change history. No matter how much you try.

BTW, the “black privilege” remark makes you sound just like these ignorant fux down here where I’m from yelling Make America Great Again from the porches of their trailer homes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                I see what your saying
                I’m not a Kovi fan but i did think he would win because Alvarez starts fughin slow untill he gets into a rhythm
                I really thought it would be too late for Alvarez to stage a comeback ( I’ve followed Alvarez from the start of his career )
                BUt was quite impressed with the power and always knew he has power although he’s like lumberjack ( needs to break you down ) but one thing for sure , Storm needs a challenge to get motivated , I’ve seen the guy in quite a few stinkers
                Yeah I've never really seen him besides tonight...but I hope he gets a few big fights...hard to believe he is 175 pounds and 34 years old with his movement tonight. He looked good in there

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho;1u8996127
                  Tyson was KO'd TWICE by worse than 25-1 underdogs.
                  PUNKED out in the rematch with Holy as predicted by Atlas.

Liston QUIT on his stool against a 7-1 underdog .

Foreman went down once and looked at the ref count to 10 while his head was up. He quit .
                  foreman could squat down and shh*t in his shoe and that turd would have way more talent in it then anything kovalov could comprehend or have in himself. Since when has kovalovs pineapple head faced a ali? Same with liston. Since when has kovalov face A type of fighter that was like a prime ali? (Thats who liston fought and lost against) kovalov let a freaking 168er make him quit hahahahaha. Kovalov let a 168 make him cry to the ref beg and then got knocked out by a body shot. He proceeded to lie about it but then recently in a video he gave all props to ward saying ward just hurt him and he couldn't recover.......since when has tyson foreman or.liston lost to a guy below their weight class? U are doing this? Wait wait wait. U are seriously compareing pinapple head i run when ANYONE stand up to my punches kovalov to liston? Wait one sec.......haaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!
                  Last edited by Godsfly; 08-05-2018, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                    SMH.

The fight was competitive. Alaverz jab was like nothing like K ever experienced. He engaged and hit Alaverz with some good shots and turned the tide. Alvarez handled K’s power well and then turned up the heat. Once he did he took K out.

Here’s the truth;

Kovalev is a good fighter. You don’t beat him without being good yourself.

The K you saw today is basically the same fighter who fought Ward in the first fight. He just faced a better fighter who IMO would give him a nightmare always or maybe flat just beat him like today.

The fight I was hoping for after Ward-K was against Alaverz. I had no desire in seeing Ward-K 3. But I understand Alaverz was an unknown and that fight was unlikely. Unlike 168lbs I never felt Ward cleaned out the division (and I’m not talking about that putz Stevenson) once I saw Alvarez (and also Bivol) fight.

I have no qualms with anyone who says Ward was better than Kovalev but I don’t want to hear that Ward finished K and that somehow he was a diminished fighter vs. Alvarez. Alaverz win was more dominant from start to finish than either Ward performance vs K. No reason not to believe that the best guy in the division was really Alvarez.
                    Very good points

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X