Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    A mental recovery, and a physical recovery from a K.O.
    are worlds apart. Kovs chin was never the same after Wards K.O
    ward ko'd kovalev with low blows though. hows does that affect his chin? sure he hurt him before that but kovalev was wobbling all over the ring against darnell boone as well so did boone ruin his chin?

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
      i aint got a problem with 3-3 or 4-2 but 5-1 was crazy
      Agree. I have so little respect for judges. That’s why I only care how I score a fight if it goes to decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        hes 35 dude and his punch resistance is going. Ward hurt him with a right hand in the rematch and alvarez just iced him, neither are big punchers. Kovalev is done.
        Yea, I get he is regressing but he isnt to the point of Roy getting starched by Enzo Macaroni. He still has some juice left, he had taken control of this fight but got lazy and got caught. Id be surprised if he retired honestly.

Comment

• Old man Stevenson is next. Gvozdyk is coming for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            how is ko'ing a guy with low blows an excuse? its something that is not legal. an excuse is i wore the wrong socks so i lost. having the ref ignore the rules is a pretty big deal. yes you love ward but he cheated. alvarez did not cheat and scored a clean ko. how are they the same? do not compare alvarez to a cheater. your tribalism controls your brain.
            You can't cry all you want. Keep on crying lmao. Nothing will change. Ward is Ward, and Kov is Kov. But your butthurtness......this **** is ****en hilarious lmao.!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              Kovalev doesn't want that problem a second time.
              i think he will take it. he was doing well in the fight before getting blown up and what else does he really have left? is hbo going to give him more easy fights? maybe contractually they have to but this is probably the end for him. similar to how kovalev ended pascals prime when he beat him twice.

Comment

• Kovalev still has things to learn. I hope he still has the willpower and discipline to pick up the pieces one more time. I would hate to lose Matts and Kov in the same year. Fight guys like Browne, Smith Jr., Mike Lee and start developing your offensive repertoire and plugging the defensive leaks.

I'm happy for Alvarez as he finally got his title shot and grabbed it with both hands. He needs to step up his activity too, no easy fights from now on. Face Bivol, Beterbiev or Yarde (WBO#1) next.

Comment

Yep. He'll be to hesitant the second fight and it'll end the same

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    ward ko'd kovalev with low blows though. hows does that affect his chin? sure he hurt him before that but kovalev was wobbling all over the ring against darnell boone as well so did boone ruin his chin?
                    Boxing is a game of attrition. It all adds up !

Comment

I think he should take it. He was winning the fight until he got caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X