No announcement yet.

The problem with Able Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Able Sanchez

I'm a big fan of GGG but his coach Able Sanchez not so much.
    I ran across this article and it brings home some of the problems. I have with Able as a a coach.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2014/10/...if-analysis-ko

I don't agree with everything in the article. Golovkin's defense is still good he uses his gloves to pick off punches. However Sanchez has said on numerous occasions he trains his fighters to force the the other guy to adapt to them. His
    fighters don't adapt. I have a problem with that philosophy.
    Last edited by TonyGe; 08-04-2018, 02:41 PM.

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I'm a big fan of GGG but his coach Able Sanchez not so much.
    I ran across this article and it brings home some of the problems. I have with Able as a a coach.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2014/10/...if-analysis-ko

I don't agree with everything in the article. Golovkin's defense is still good he uses his gloves to pick off punches. However Sanchez has said on numerous occasions he trains his fighters to force the the other guy to adapt to them. His
    fighters don't adapt. I have a problem with that philosophy.
    It isn't that much about Sanchez... it's more about the "ex-Soviet school" which isn't about adapting to the opponent's style, but rather is about imposing the fighter's own style... (but, of course, GGG knew much more than he shows in the ring as of lately.)

Comment

hes a great coach. getting a lot of flak now cause his fighter lost to a more experienced arguably p4p number 1 fighter. A trainer can only do so much. joyce will be the next sanchez fighter to do big things

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        It isn't that much about Sanchez... it's more about the "ex-Soviet school" which isn't about adapting to the opponent's style, but rather is about imposing the fighter's own style... (but, of course, GGG knew much more than he shows in the ring as of lately.)
        I don't know. I've always had issues with Sanchez as a coach. Being honest I've never boxed other than with some friends but
        his attitude seems kind of crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
          hes a great coach. getting a lot of flak now cause his fighter lost to a more experienced arguably p4p number 1 fighter. A trainer can only do so much. joyce will be the next sanchez fighter to do big things
          I watched Golovkin's amature fights and there is a definite style change after Able took over.

Comment

His big fughin mouth has always turned me off
            Especially lately, he seems to be getting into the bullchit saga before fights
            Should stick to his coaching

Comment

Everyone wants a coach with a magic wand that he can wave and make a fighter magically elite. Doesn’t work that way.

Kevin Rooney, for instance, was great for Tyson. Not so much for anyone else. He understood Mike and the Cus D’Amato system.

It’s about having the right fit, the right chemistry, mutual respect and the ability to communicate. Some trainers know more but can’t communicate it or won’t adapt. Some trainers may not know as much but are excellent at communicating and adapting. On the whole, I’d take the latter.

Comment

Working...
              X