No announcement yet.

A brief chronology of lineal heavyweight champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    That's not how words work. I never said GBP owned it in 2004. I listed their ownership as a reason many disregard the title. That is separate from the fact that Ring and lineal have nothing to do with each other.

Adonis Stevenson is the lineal champion. He's not the Ring champion. Different things.
    Ha ha ha, keep diggin that hole. You clearly discredited The Ring rankings and title in 2004 for something that occurred way later. Just because the publication was bleeding money and had to sell doesn't automatically mean it was never credible. The Ring HW champ has always been considered the lineal champ. You can go verify that all you like. It's been that way for about 100 years starting with Dempsey. Vitali Klitschko was the lineal champion and nothing you say changes it. Just because bias people like Cliff Rold want to go back and discredit it over a decade later doesn't change a damn thing. I lived those days as a boxing fan and as a Klitschko fan , I remember it vividly. You can't change facts. I know media, etc. tries to do that regularly now, but you can't convince people who experienced things. ESPN used to have a timeline of the lineal heavyweight championship posted for years and Vitali was on it. You're bias and that's clear so you're done. Bye. Been good educating you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      They'll need to update this soon.

BBBOOOMMMBBB SSSQQQUUUAAADDD!!!

Why you think Wilder and Joshua will fight each other or Fury soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        The Ring HW champ has always been considered the lineal champ.
        That was the case for a very long time, but hasn't been the case for a while.

When Ring started allowing 1 vs 3, 2 vs 5 etc to fill vacancies, their tite and the lineal title philisophically became very different things.

Ring itself admits this as they dont recognize Fury as Ring champ, but do recognize him as lineal champ.

So how can you say they are the same thing when Ring itself says they are different things?

Comment

Working...
        X