Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia's Greatest Attribute is His Ambition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing world didn’t frown on loma accepting the Rigo fight even tho Rigo was coming up two weight classes, so I don’t wanna hear any whining over Mikey, y’all accepted the loma win as a legacy fight, keep that same energy with Errol

Even tho I disagreed with both matches, I did not think Rigo fight should have happened nor do I think this should

But y’all let business happen for one fighter, keep the same energy

Also frank warren just announced negotiations for wilder fury for this winter LMAOOOOOOOOO AJ U LOST OUT BRUH

Comment

For someone with ambition he has never fought the best guy or consensus second best guy(If Mikey is ranked #1) in any division. Didn't fight Gamboa, didn't fight Linares, and certainly wont fight Prograis after he wins the WBSS.

Comment

Is ambition will get him beat especially if he wants the elite of the WW's ...the only way he can be successful at WW is fight B guys... even vs Khan, IMO, who is not on the level of Spence or even Garcia, both of who would be Mikey and Spence would brutal eyes him so if Mikey wants the beating to get the money, he can step up...

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Mikey ducked Linares? Come on bro lol

Linares couldn't beat Mikey at any point in his career. You know that.

Linares fought on ESPN because Golden Boy doesn't have the infrastructure anymore to not let their guys fight on other networks. Again, you know this already. Stop posting nonsense.

And Mikey is beyond legit. The hate isn't healthy.
          The hate ain't healthy, but it's real! These cats will hate on Mikey going to 147 for Spence, but won't say ***** about Loma NOT wanting to fight Pacquiao @ 140! Turning down a Pacquiao fight is not as bad as turning down $50 million guaranteed, but you know and I know (and ESPN knows), Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140 is a BIG F**KING PAYDAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            For someone with ambition he has never fought the best guy or consensus second best guy(If Mikey is ranked #1) in any division. Didn't fight Gamboa, didn't fight Linares, and certainly wont fight Prograis after he wins the WBSS.
            Gamboa (in his day) and Prograis are threats.

Linares never had a chance against Garcia lol You know that. That fight wasn't a true test for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              The hate ain't healthy, but it's real! These cats will hate on Mikey going to 147 for Spence, but won't say ***** about Loma NOT wanting to fight Pacquiao @ 140! Turning down a Pacquiao fight is not as bad as turning down $50 million guaranteed, but you know and I know (and ESPN knows), Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140 is a BIG F**KING PAYDAY!
              Completely agree.

Oh and let's not forget Loma's "legacy fight" against Rigo who came up two weight classes.

There's hypocrisy everywhere you turn lol

Mikey would be the betting favorite against everybody at 135-140. He knows that. The guy wants to get up for a fight and build a true fan base. I say let him do it.

Comment

Can Garcia deal with the body punching? I wouldn't count Mikey out against any other welterweight: Thurman, Garcia, Crawford.

But Spence has a style where you need to be able to tangle with him physically or be incredibly slippery.

Those body punches will connect and by round 8, Garcia will start to receive career shortening punches.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Can Garcia deal with the body punching? I wouldn't count Mikey out against any other welterweight: Thurman, Garcia, Crawford.

But Spence has a style where you need to be able to tangle with him physically or be incredibly slippery.

Those body punches will connect and by round 8, Garcia will start to receive career shortening punches.
                  I basically agree with this, but doesn't that sort justify his interest in the fight?

Because I'd have him beating all of those guys with the exception of Crawford and Spence.

It's not an ideal clash of styles for him, but who are we to say what is best for him? I say let him fight!

Comment

Duran v. Hagler
                    Sterling v. Nunn
                    Naples v. Monzon
                    Mosley v. De La Hoya
                    Rigondeaux v. Lomachenko

I could go on...
                    Mixed bag of results, but you get the picture.

Let em fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Completely agree.

Oh and let's not forget Loma's "legacy fight" against Rigo who came up two weight classes.

There's hypocrisy everywhere you turn lol

Mikey would be the betting favorite against everybody at 135-140. He knows that. The guy wants to get up for a fight and build a true fan base. I say let him do it.
                      Most definitely! It's a win-win situation for Mikey! I would rather him fight Pacquiao or Khan, but he wants the best, so I got nothing but love for the brother! I think Errol (if he wins) should take a page out of Mikey's playbook, and challenge Canelo @ 160 for Cinco de Mayo 2019!

Comment

Working...
                      X